Juan Mata

Severinb

But also note that after a few goals like that from Torres he would get a part of his confidence back and would get balls to do stuff he did a few years ago.

Like it or not, he's OUR player now, and we better make use of him and his qualities, and that doesn't involve power play Drogba plays.

He didn't recover enough from his injury, and Liverpool rushed him back.

His movement for us has been pretty good.

I'm out

I doubt you would ever have even to have watched a game of football in your life to recognise that Drogba is a different type of player to Torres, simply by looking at them you could get that result, Drogba is a target man, a big man striker, Torres is a predator. I think the saying is horses for courses and its a case of that right now with Torres, our side last year (and for a long time) lacks the creativity needed to supply Torres.

What about Anelka. Is he also vastly different to Torres. I will never doubt the lack of creativity in the team but if Anelka could win the golden boot with the same midfield then Torres has no excuse.

What about Anelka. Is he also vastly different to Torres. I will never doubt the lack of creativity in the team but if Anelka could win the golden boot with the same midfield then Torres has no excuse.

How many goals did he score that season in the Premier League? If I remember correctly he didn't even break the 20 goal mark. Anyway have you ever thought that maybe there is a reason why Nic Anelka has never been our main striker? Why he has been stuck out on the wing for the vast majority of his Chelsea career? Because the Chelsea team is set up around Drogba, its built to Drogba's strenghts.

Apparently Lack of creativity in the team was also resaponsible for his poor and rigid movement, abysmal ball control/first touch and numerous mishit shots and poor run of form for the spanish national team through out last year :whistling:

Yup.

With Spain he plays along side the best passers in the game, ie Xavi Hernandez and Andrés Iniesta, and of course very good passers in the name of Alonso, Busquet, etc.. Though he did nothing special.

Had he not been called 'Torres' and did not worth £50m, he would play with our reserve and wouldn't be selected for Spain.

Yup.

With Spain he plays along side the best passers in the game, ie Xavi Hernandez and Andrés Iniesta, and of course very good passers in the name of Alonso, Busquet, etc.. Though he did nothing special.

Had he not been called 'Torres' and did not worth £50m, he would play with our reserve and wouldn't be selected for Spain.

Excellent post.

One thing is for sure, if I was Abramovich, I wouldn't have paid more than £14 million for Torres or even buy him in the first place given his last 18 months performances for both club and country. unfortunately reputation is the name of the game in Abramovich's world :fainthv9:

One thing is for sure, if I was Abramovich, I wouldn't have paid more than £14 million for Torres or even buy him in the first place given his last 18 months performances for both

club and country. unfortunately reputation is the name of the game in Abramovich's world :fainthv9:

I wouldn't have either, but he's here now so we should support him rather then saying bad stuff about him...

Take a look at his Liverpool days. Their football was based on Torres, and he was bombarded with balls by Gerrard and Alonso. Once Torres started playing bad and Alonso left things started bad for Liverpool.

What i dont understand is that abramovich wants sexy football and spain plays sexy football, so why arent we linked to more spanish players!

Mata, javi Martinez and Ander Herrera or Thiago could bring us sexy football in combination with the players we have for example lampard, (maybe if we get modric),Drogba, Luiz, ramires, Essien.

Josh could start playing more and replace lampard and lukaku eventually Drogba! And i am sure josh can play sexy football he has the skills!

Excellent post.

One thing is for sure, if I was Abramovich, I wouldn't have paid more than £14 million for Torres or even buy him in the first place given his last 18 months performances for both club and country. unfortunately reputation is the name of the game in Abramovich's world :fainthv9:

I wouldn't have bought him neither. First of all, we didn't need him at all (we didn't need strikers). As you say, his last 18 months were terrible. And I wouldn't have wanted to give any money to Scumpool.

Another great preformance from mata in the u21 game!

Like him a lot and would be cheaper than modric and pastore and can play as a CAM!

blue%20scalf.gif

I am not watching the U21 . In what position Mata is playing?

I am not watching the U21 . In what position Mata is playing?

Well everywhere. On the wings and in the middle. He's constantly passing the ball around and organizing the play. He's a really magnificent player, and I hope Scumpool don't get him.

but for valencia he used to play at wings right? I have not watched them this season but with david silva he used to play on the left side.

This season he played as CAM!

Heard that he is too expensiv for liverpool and they are going for santi carzola as they only want a winger and they can get him for 20 milion euros and mata costs 30 million euro! They have about 3 CAM and 3 CM scumpool!!