Lest we forget

Madmax

It's a sorry end to a sorry season and such a shame it had to follow the heady times of last year. Now this place will be filled with down-in-the-dumps/self-pitying/ranting chatter - justifiable according to some, not so according to others. But I'm not here to debate or discuss that. Just wanted to keep things in perspective and get my 2 cents in before the inevitable crisis talk begins.

I say a big thank you to everyone connected with the club - the board, the management, the coaching staff, the players and the fans for caring so much about this one thing we all love in common. Some express that love more than others and some don't and that's okay. We react to situations in different ways and that makes us different people and that leads to arguments but as long as we all care about Chelsea I don't give a damn.

I thank the likes of Paulo, Flo, Nico, Bos, Hilario, Salo, Didi - everyone who people say are about to leave, for all the enjoyment they've provided us over the years. In the heat of the moment I might have abused you and called your commitment into question and for that I apologize. I say thanks to Petr, JT, Obi and Branny for being the shining lights when everything around has crumpled so badly. I say thanks to Lamps and Ess because they're still my favourite players regardless of their current form. And the others I didn't mention - a thank you to them as well, for being a part of the Chelsea family.

And last but not the least, thank you Carlo for everything you've done in the last 2 years. I don't know if you'll be around next season but I'll cherish the wonderful times of last year, and appreciate the memories of this year as well, even though not all of them were enjoyable.

Chelsea till I die ... and after that.

:cfc:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post. Sadly I think Ancelotti will be sacked - this was his chance for redemption but unfortunately it just wasn't to be. There are positives we can take from this season - Cech, Ramires and Luiz have been superb and we have a man who, if his confidence returns, could bang in 30 goals next season in Torres. As disappointing this may be for us - we have to stomach it and move on.

Good post. Sadly I think Ancelotti will be sacked - this was his chance for redemption but unfortunately it just wasn't to be. There are positives we can take from this season - Cech, Ramires and Luiz have been superb and we have a man who, if his confidence returns, could bang in 30 goals next season in Torres. As disappointing this may be for us - we have to stomach it and move on.

Ive said many times it was a massive mistake to let Sturridge & Kakuta go out on loan, it is one of many mistakes Ancelotti has made this season, I'm sad for Carlo as he is a very dignified & honourable man, a brilliant man-manager but unfortunately he is not a great tactician & that as ultimately cost us in the CL in the last 2 seasons. I think it will cost him his job.

Like you say BL, we have some positives to look forward to, Ramires, Luiz, etc, Torres will come good, Ivanovich is world class, we have some fantastic youngsters waiting in the wings & they now must be introduced, I believe we have to get rid of some of the old guard but not wholesale. It will be transitional but I believe with the right man in charge we will be back with a vengeance.

my biggedt disappointment this season was the fact we promoted 5 young players to the squad and I don't believe any were given enough playing time. Too late now for this season

but I hope lessons have been learned and they are given more time next season , We have 5 England Under 21s and numerous others . Forget paying millions for young overseas

players and give the ones we have a chance

my biggedt disappointment this season was the fact we promoted 5 young players to the squad and I don't believe any were given enough playing time. Too late now for this season

but I hope lessons have been learned and they are given more time next season , We have 5 England Under 21s and numerous others . Forget paying millions for young overseas

players and give the ones we have a chance

still 7 games to go, still hoping to see josh gets 30-40 mins for each of the 7 (maybe except the manure game).