West Brom 1-3 Chelsea

BlueLion.

David Villa is going through a similar goalless streak as Torres. The media aren't discussing it ad nauseum. Villa plays with a midfield that I think we can agree is better than Chelsea's. He can't find the back of the net for Barcelona but I don't hear people thinking Villa is done. At times I don't quite get the Torres backlash. Is the Liverpool love affair that grand?

David Villa's situation isn't really comparable to Torres' situation. His goalless streak is like 10, 11 games while Fernando has been a shadow of himself for over a year. And don't forget about the fact that Torres was bought for 50 mil pounds and the fact he's a PL player so he has to deal with the ruthless English media (who don't really care about the other leagues).

And I have some advice for you, just ignore them.

Edit: And how could I forget, Torres plays for Chelsea.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Villa's situation isn't really comparable to Torres' situation. His goalless streak is like 10, 11 games while Fernando has been a shadow of himself for over a year. And don't forget about the fact that Torres was bought for 50 mil pounds and the fact he's a PL player so he has to deal with the ruthless English media (who don't really care about the other leagues).

And I have some advice for you, just ignore them.

I have been ignoring the media for the most part because the shrieking was hurting my ears.

34M for Villa wasn't exactly chicken feed. Villa's streak is hidden by the greatness of Messi and playing for Barcelona. Winning and winning "nicely" helps overlook a lot of faults. To be so lucky to have that problem. The Spanish media are no prince charmings either but there is a Spanish love affair in the media with Barcelona right now. Plus Villa didn't go on a scoreless streak right at the beginning of his Barcelona career.

Torres shadow of himself started with his knee surgery in Jan 2010 and then again in April 2010. Both I blame on Liverpool's over-reliance on him to play with knocks, injuries, coming back to soon.

Listened to Guillem Balauge on TalkSport radio today and some thoughts from Guillem and Collymore (I know). Both were pretty rational and calm (no ranting and raving from Collymore today).

1. Torres is still living in a hotel waiting for his house

2. Some players have made Torres more welcome than others. Drogba is the alpha/top dog and he does not want to give up that position. Collymore referred to his relationship with ??? (didn't hear it) and said they both hated each other but still managed to play together. Both Guillem and Collymore don't see them playing well with each other.

3. The truth about Torres departure from Liverpool will never come out. Liverpool knew a month before Torres left that Torres was leaving Liverpool.

4. Torres likes to play into space and Chelsea's slow style of play doesn't play to Torres' strengths

5. Aguero - Roman loves him but wages are very high, ready to leave Atletico, 35 to 40M transfer fee, between Real Madrid and Chelsea

6. Mata - Chelsea have not made offer, Valencia's finances slightly better (still large debt), still need to sell players but paying immediate debts

David Villa is going through a similar goalless streak as Torres. The media aren't discussing it ad nauseum. Villa plays with a midfield that I think we can agree is better than Chelsea's. He can't find the back of the net for Barcelona but I don't hear people thinking Villa is done. At times I don't quite get the Torres backlash. Is the Liverpool love affair that grand?

Well during the El Classico on Saturday they actually made quite a few references to it, but you're right. Because there's a love-affair with Barcelona in Spain right now he's not getting as much backlash as he would otherwise. Especially when goals are still coming from Messi & co.

If Drogba doesn't want to give up his position, he has to go - simple as. Chelsea > Drogba and Chelsea > Torres, and we can't afford to have the two of them mucking about.

I love DD even though he makes it hard for me sometimes when he decides to throw tantrums and behave like a big baby, but all good things come to an end.