West Brom 1-3 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Carlo is such a noob sometimes. Who gives a striker 10 mins? Shoulda brought him on with Yossi and gave him at least 20 mins. Otherwise don't play him at all.

Perhaps they went back to the basics. Told him, right you're off form - earn your place. Getting his fitness up and so called "starting again" his integration. I think it was a wonderful game, perhaps 1 more goal would have been nice given our chances. I think Bosingwa was brought in to change our play to more offensive and commentators said that Brana had indicated that he had a slight problem. Yossi was superb, nice through passes. Torres unlucky, can't get any closer, has to come on wednesday against Birmingam. After a long period, very nice game.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't watch the game; but I would imagine it was players not releasing the ball early enough, rather than Torres not understanding the offside rule?

If you didn't watch the game why would you bother discussing that offside? There was a situation in stoppage time (or close to stoppage time) where he was standing completely still at least a good bit in front of the defensive line and looking at the defensive line, he was in a better position than the linesman to judge that there was offside...

Torres seem to lost his confident. His offside was too easy

In 10 mins he lost 4-5 offside which he seem to slow to get in the line and didn't even check line at all

at the injure time look like he's gonna cry doh.gif and didn't want to fight anymore

I'm glad we had a routine win in which we've shown concentration, teamwork and good spirit. More wins like this are needed for us to start playing like we used to and get us on a good run.

I'm disappointed though by Ancelotti's sub of Torres that late in the game, and that he subbed Drogba who was a MOTM and was creating our chances. It's nice to see though that move from Malouda from that FK sending a pass to Torres. It shows they want him to score and that they support him.

Can't wait for our next match, and I hope we perform well.

KTBFFH! :cfc:

Didn't watch the game; but I would imagine it was players not releasing the ball early enough, rather than Torres not understanding the offside trap?

He was barely on, probably just needed to settle. If he had been offside the first 10 minutes of the game and then settled in for the other 80, no one would remember the offsides. But of course you don't have that luxury when you come on at 81st minute.

Good performance from the lads. Was good to see Drogba with a bit of bite in his play, looking like the Drogba of old. Was a shame with the Torres offside, would have been a good kickstart for him. But was pleasing to see a controlling Chelsea, dictating the game and could/should have scored more than the three they did score.

Carlo is such a noob sometimes. Who gives a striker 10 mins? Shoulda brought him on with Yossi and gave him at least 20 mins. Otherwise don't play him at all.

Can't understand it myself. Already the pundits are talking about yet another match without a Torres goal and he got TEN MINUTES! It's ridiculous. I'd rather Ancelotti hadn't played him at all. Even if he's now to "earn his place" as someone put it, surely ten minutes isn't the way to go?

Anyway, turned out to be a great game. Drogba was great, and Mikel ObI was superb. In fact, an all round better team performance than we've seen in a long while.

Perhaps they went back to the basics. Told him, right you're off form - earn your place. Getting his fitness up and so called "starting again" his integration. I think it was a wonderful game, perhaps 1 more goal would have been nice given our chances. I think Bosingwa was brought in to change our play to more offensive and commentators said that Brana had indicated that he had a slight problem. Yossi was superb, nice through passes. Torres unlucky, can't get any closer, has to come on wednesday against Birmingam. After a long period, very nice game.

I agree he has to earn his place. I don't want him to start games until he has shown he can actually help the team, but if you want him to get back to form, I don't understand giving a striker 10 mins. We were up 2 goals.

Anyways, I hope Drogba starts again next game, and just hope Torres gets more than just 10 mins.

Cheers to the away fans for their support of Torres. With everyone slating him, it's a credit to the away fans that they're still cheering him on. If you believe some people, they claim Chelsea fans are too plastic to support a struggling Torres.

Cheers to the away fans for their support of Torres. With everyone slating him, it's a credit to the away fans that they're still cheering him on. If you believe some people, they claim Chelsea fans are too plastic to support a struggling Torres.

Chelsea fans don't give up/turn on their own players smiliecap1.gif

I disagree, after his shit performances he does not deserve more than 10 min here and there, today he came on and looked rather good though, well with the exception of that big chance at the free kick and him having the same understanding of the offside trap as Adebayor.

That free kick was a Rocket no one could of put that in. Maybe it looked different on tv but at the game that game at him with a lot of pace

Carlo did not win - badly. Carlo win - badly.