Chelsea V Man.Utd - match ratings

Tomo

Quite funny reading this really, such differing opinions on Torres and Drogba on who was better. I was even arguing with ppl at work today on who was better. I think ppl are just saying Torres was shit because he aint scored yet. He was good yesterday and a huge threat. Drogba provided no goalscoring threat, he was just moaning for the majority, running into players, losing the ball and failing to pick anyone out.

Torres took on and beat players, had 4 or 5 efforts which almost got us the goal, a bit more luck and he woulda got 3.

Drogba has the presence but he's a striker, he didn't look like one yesterday imo, his positioning was also crap. Torres' movement was better too. I dont remember a DD shot on target.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite funny reading this really, such differing opinions on Torres and Drogba on who was better. I was even arguing with ppl at work today on who was better. I think ppl are just saying Torres was shit because he aint scored yet. He was good yesterday and a huge threat. Drogba provided no goalscoring threat, he was just moaning for the majority, running into players, losing the ball and failing to pick anyone out.

Torres took on and beat players, had 4 or 5 efforts which almost got us the goal, a bit more luck and he woulda got 3.

Drogba has the presence but he's a striker, he didn't look like one yesterday imo, his positioning was also crap. Torres' movement was better too. I dont remember a DD shot on target.

I'm in a media blackout but I've read a view different Chelsea forums and there seems to be a split on the Torres/Drogba issue. This seems to summarize the general tone.

Pro-Torres camp:

Not being funny, but Drogba had one clear sight of goal and put it straight down the keeper's throat. Other than that he mis-controlled, poorly passed, or otherwise ceded possession all night. In the 10-15 minutes before the substitution he was regressing into his normal selfish, one man army routine that helps nobody. After Drogba went off, we nearly scored several times - including Torres bringing a world class save from VDS.

Pro-Drogba camp:

If thats how you saw it fair enough, but I disagree . I thought Drogs was far busier and posed far more of a threat than Torres. The Spaniard once again flattered to deceive. I thought Anelka made a difference when he came on and I feel that had Drogs still been on the field we would have created better chances than we did with Torres. The VDS saves were class but did not result from 'great' chances which I think Drogs/Anelka might have manufactured. It was pathetic to see Torres diving. Is he really that desperate ?

I dont remember a DD shot on target.

He had at least one, early in the game when he thundered in a shot that VDS tipped out for a corner...if my faulty memory serves me right.

Torres had a great opportunity early on too, when he intercepted the ball, had acres of space, brought the ball into box but slipped just as he shot and it ended up a tame save for VDS.