Official: Di Santo Signs

DavidEU

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New signing Franco Di Santo has been speaking exclusively to Chelsea TV about his move from Chilean side Audax Italiano La Florida SADP. Little is known among Blues fans about the 18-year-old, who signed today having trained at Cobham over the past few days.

The striker chose to introduce himself as 'a centre forward that moves around a lot. Sometimes I'll be out wide, but through the middle is best for me to score as many goals as possible.

0,,10268~3543647,00.jpg

'I like to think I can be a similar sort of player to Hernáand Crespo,' he added.

An Argentine Under-20 forward, Di Santo has been playing his football in Chile.

'I've been playing for a team there called Audax Italiano. My last season went well for me thankfully, and hopefully now that'll be the same here at Chelsea.

'I want to do as well as I can and respond by scoring goals, to start with in the reserves and hopefully soon I'll be playing with all the big names here at Chelsea.'

Indeed Chelsea's exploits have not gone unnoticed with the youngster.

'Yes, I've seen a bit and heard a bit, and if I can reach their level one day, that would be great,' he said.

Source: Chelsea FC