Chelsea Officially Signed Willian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who think this whole 'Mazacar' is highly overrated? Not to mention KDB, who is called 8th wonder of the world here after playing one competive game in Chelsea.

Everything on this board is overrated.

4-1-4-1 will pretty much turn into the same old story of Mata staying up the pitch and Oscar and Rami sticking in the pivot, essentially becoming a 4-2-3-1. I think it could work though

I think if we were going to do 4-1-4-1 then Jose would have implemented it with the players we already had, so that the team aren't changing system once the season has already started. That, essentially, is what pre-season is for.

To be fair though maybe it could work as a 4-3-3 also

I don't see either.

Mourinho had made it clear his favorite formation is 4-2-3-1 and he said formations such us 4-5-1 and 4-1-4-1 are BS because they're still 4-2-3-1. He tried the 4-3-3 thing, I personally hated the formation he chose for that one, so I'm relieved he's going to stick with 4-2-3-1 although with the right players in, I still think 4-3-3 is the best for us (I just don't like his selection of a midfield in the 4-3-3 he tried).

I still believe he's trying to replicate his successful RM formula here. Whether they won the titles or not, Mourinho made them contenders for everything when they were Barcelona's little bitch in Spain and had exited CL in R16 for six years in a row.

It was a new experience for him and I think he was delighted to work like that which is why he wants the same here, which is why he pursued a winger of the same caliber as di María (although he would have loved if Willian was a leftie) and something we did not have.

I don't know what he plans to do with Oscar/Mata, but it's clear to me he wants the power to come from fast wingers in addition to the creativity coming from the CAM, so I guess Willian and Hazard are given in the starting XI he hopes to consolidate. That allows him to move either Kevin or André to the LW when Eden is tired or unfit - especially André whose left foot is there only to complete his body making him much more suitable for the LW rather than the RW

He's also very focused on bringing a striker because he really dislikes the whole false 9 idea. If our strike force doesn't get things done - whether with a new striker or not - he will have to try to convert any of our AM into a striker and those guys would unconsciously drop deep a few times in the match - out of habit - and it drives him crazy :lol:. He likes his striker to be ahead of his AM, dropping deeper only to help defensively, but if you want to see Mourinho frustrated ask his strikers to drop deeper instead of being in the last third to link up and finish. Reason why he kept Milito (at Inter) despite not being a brilliant player (very far from it)

4-1-4-1 will pretty much turn into the same old story of Mata staying up the pitch and Oscar and Rami sticking in the pivot, essentially becoming a 4-2-3-1. I think it could work though

Mata Oscar will be sold before playing there.

I think last night showed why Jose want's Willian.

Our current attacking six (not including Willian) has Mata then five players who are 22, now Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle and KDB are very talented young players (Moses a good squad player) but they are not anywhere near the finished article's as the four mentioned above showed last night at Old Trafford.

Willian and Mata are two players approaching their peaks and are players that will deliver now.

I think last night showed why Jose want's Willian.

Our current attacking six (not including Willian) has Mata then five players who are 22, now Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle and KDB are very talented young players (Moses a good squad player) but they are not anywhere near the finished article's as the four mentioned above showed last night at Old Trafford.

Willian and Mata are two players approaching their peaks and are players that will deliver now.

Not to mention we do need someone more threatening on the wings. Hazard atm doesn't want to dribble anyone, and is happy to play at a walking pace. KDB and co also just come back into the middle. So Willian will be a welcome change.

Not really thrilled with this signing.Don't want this to affect KDB's future here as I feel he is the better player of the two.

He's not on his level yet, Willian has CL expierience. He carried Shakthar against us.