Blackpool Vs Chelsea - match ratings

Tomo

Petr Cech 7 - done nothing wrong.

Jose Bosingwa 4 - So sloppy and so frustrating, his sloppiness nearly got Blackpool a late 2nd.

David Luiz 7 - Solid, although was sloppy a couple of times, his least spectacular performance so far.

John Terry 8 - Great header from the corner and lead from the back all game.

Ashley Cole 6 - Solid but still lacking his form of August/September.

Ramires 6 - Strangely quiet tonight, a couple of neat bits of skill.

Frank Lampard 8 - Best game for a while, am i the only 1 seeing a late surge to 20 goals?

Micheal Essien 7 - Got to grips with the game more and more as it went on.

Yuri Zhirkov 4 - very poor, looked completely diffrent to the Yuri that played United.

Fernando Torres 5 - cant fault his effort but that price tag is really weiging him down atm.

Didier Drogba 4 - awfull in all honesty, if he wants his place back he needs to do better than that.

SUBS

Florent Malouda 6

Soloman Kalou 8 (thought he was fantastic tbh)

Josh McEachran 6

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Petr Cech 6 -

Jose Bosingwa 3 -

David Luiz 7 -

John Terry 8 -

Ashley Cole 5 -

Ramires 6 -

Frank Lampard 8 -

Micheal Essien 6 -

Yuri Zhirkov 4 -

Fernando Torres 3 -

Didier Drogba 4 -

SUBS

Florent Malouda 5

Soloman Kalou 8

Josh McEachran 5

Cech - 7 - a couple of excellent saves, very few goalkeepers would have been able to stop Puncheon's late strike.

Bosingwa - 5 - he was good going forward, but defensively quite poor. He's played much better than that recently, I'm disappointed.

Luiz - 6 - he was unspectacular and did what he had to do. That's what I like from my centre halves.

Terry - 8 - excellent performance all-round, and a goal to cap it off. Man of the match without doubt.

Cole - 6 - the opposite of Bosingwa, really. Great display defensively, but he seemed very reluctant to offer width going forward.

Ramires - 7 - Mr Consistent was again the driving force. He remains under-appreciated despite this consistently fine form.

Essien - 7 - Essien seems to have regained his fitness and as a result he's finding his form once again. A great box-to-box performance.

Lampard - 6 - two goals, granted, but in fairness he did very little else.

Zhirkov - 4 - as much as I love the guy, he was awful. His work-rate was non-existent and he was constantly giving the ball away. Ironic, since we all wanted him in the team.

McEachran - 6 - composed performance, he doesn't possess the same defensive steel as Ramires and thus I thought we looked a little threadbare when he came on, but that is no reflection on Josh who played well in my opinion.

Malouda - 6 - I don't understand the criticism of Malouda in this match; he came on and gave us some attacking impetus down the left and had two goalscoring chances. He did nothing wrong and he worked hard to cover Cole.

Drogba - 5 - he seems interested one minute and couldn't give a shit the next. An indifferent performance, though he and Torres were both betrayed by a lack of service from the midfielders.

Torres - 5 - like Drogba he was let down by the fact no-one passed to him. But this game is testament to the fact he and Drogba simply cannot play in the same side.

Kalou - 6 - we saw the good and bad of Kalou with two assists but then him letting himself down on occasions with bad decision-making. He also missed a sitter in trademark fashion, but he certainly fit well into the system and did nothing to hurt his chances.

Petr Cech 6 - Was lucky not to do a Reina in the first half. Think he should have dealt better with their goal.

Jose Bosingwa 5 - He was fine offensively, responsible for their Blackpool's goal and a couple other lost balls.

David Luiz 6 - Unimpressive but solid.

John Terry 8

Ashley Cole 6 - Regular

Ramires 6 - Not as good as in previous games, certainly not bad

Frank Lampard 8 - Average in the first half but got better later on, can't look past his 2 goals.

Micheal Essien 6

Yuri Zhirkov 5 - Tried but lost the ball too many times.

Fernando Torres 3

Didier Drogba 5 - Did some neat things but still a frustrating figure as he's on a different wavelength

SUBS

Florent Malouda 6

Salomon Kalou 7.5

Josh McEachran 6

Petr Cech 6 - Was lucky not to do a Reina in the first half. Think he should have dealt better with their goal.

Jose Bosingwa 5 - He was fine offensively, responsible for their Blackpool's goal and a couple other lost balls.

David Luiz 6 - Unimpressive but solid.

John Terry 8

Ashley Cole 6 - Regular

Ramires 6 - Not as good as in previous games, certainly not bad

Frank Lampard 8 - Average in the first half but got better later on, can't look past his 2 goals.

Micheal Essien 6

Yuri Zhirkov 5 - Tried but lost the ball too many times.

Fernando Torres 3

Didier Drogba 5 - Did some neat things but still a frustrating figure as he's on a different wavelength

SUBS

Florent Malouda 6

Salomon Kalou 7.5

Josh McEachran 6

You're kidding me? That finish was unerring and the likes of van der Sar, Reina and Casillas would all struggle to stop that.

Jose Bosingwa 4 - Uneven performance. Started off well and ended badly and almost let in a goal very carelessly.

David Luiz 6 - No fireworks for him today. Thought he struggled a little bit actually, which was a bit surprising.

John Terry 8 - Very solid, great composure and a goal to boot. He didn't look half pleased with his lads at the end though.

Ashley Cole 6 - Quiet game. Didn't really make an impact.

Ramires 6 - One of the better players of the night but still decidedly average by his burgeoning standards.

Frank Lampard 8 - Good game from him. Looked sharp and solid.

Micheal Essien 7 - Solid. No complaints from me about him.

Yuri Zhirkov 3 - dire today. Total contrast from the Man U game. Not really helping his cause with this sort of performance.

Fernando Torres 5 - one his weaker games in a blue shirt so far but largely down to the ridiculous lack of service. The team was just not behind him today.

Didier Drogba 4 - moody performance. Needed to grab the bull by the horns and put on a commanding performance but he looked like he couldn't be bothered.

SUBS

Florent Malouda 4 - his me me me show was extremely irritating. Wasted what could have been surefire goals trying to be the last minute hero.

Soloman Kalou 6 - his turn to pull a 'Zhirkov' and make an impact with his substitution. He upped the tempo of play but also wasted some nice chances.

Josh McEachran 5 - unremarkable but just glad he's getting some playing time.

Do not want to rate our players. Only postivie is Essien is coming back. At this point of time do not care about the quality . I am happy that we won United way, Crappy performance, Flattered scoreline and BIG BIG 3 pts. Cheers :)

Flattering performances and scorelines that don't reflect the game are completely irrelevant in football. The only thing we should be concerned about is the fact we won 3-1 (maybe some of you thought we lost with all the pessimism around here?), and we got three points from the game. Fucking smile! :D