Review

True_Blue

Owner:

So Roman Abramovich hasn't left us after all.Hip hip fucking hura he spent 70mill on two players in the January transfer window,and has reduced the general age squad and brought in a World Class striker,and a World Class defender to be.He had his bad moves but the good one's top easily.People still don't realize how much we owe Roman it can't be forgotten.I am at least happy our fans don't slag him like they slag almost everything else involving the club.

Manager:

Carlo Ancelotti...yeah that is the man who won the double last season (just so you know only 7 teams in England have that achievement) and he is the man fans used to call King Carlo.Ring any bells? i guess not since we are 5th now,not doing well and in a need of change every match we play.We destroyed the Premiership last season,won against every single of our rivals home and away.We even started this season well but the form dip got us to 5th place.If i wise man took a look at our season at the moment nothing is lost.Well ok the Premership title is,but we have a fairly easy draw in the UCL,we are still in the Fa Cup and only a daft man would say our season is over.I do realize our form is far from good,i might say far from even average.But the tactic 4-3-3 worked for years,the tactic is not the problem,and we won't change our tactics just because we brought in Torres.

Squad:

Now there is the real problem.I will start from the back and analyze all our good and bad departments.Between the posts we have magic Cech,perhpas one of the finest keepers we ever had (many will say the best)but a top level performer.I recall the times everybody said he is good because of our defence.This season our defence was seriously injury prone and we were without our defenders for a good part of the season.So now surely no one can doubt his quality and his consistency.Our back four were and are immense.Terry brilliant as usual even scoring like before,Ivanovic is sublime one of the best signings we had in awhile.With the rock Alex at the back we looked great but we were yet struck by injuries and that wasn't enough.Bruma was too young to step up this early,even though he had a great debut.New boy Silva is nothing short of fantastic,the boy has everything a defender needs and more.So we are pretty much covered at the back.Our midfield...does anyone really think that players of that calibre could under perform for months now? No of course not.But they did,Essien was nowhere near his usual form,Lampard was injury struck but even that doesn't really covers up his form.Malouda started well but he has been shocking for some time now.The players i would like to praise are Mikel who really grew into a great player,and Ramires who had many critics at his start at Chelsea.I was one of his biggest i admit,but did he prove me wrong! He got his act together and he is showing why we payed 18 mill for him.He is one for the future surely.Now we come to the most clueless part of our squad - our attackers.Anelka had like 4 games on high level the entire season,Malouda made me look good on my weekend football with my mates.Only Drogba had some kind of a positive season.Our problem is that our top 3 or 2 can't do shit.Torres won't change that at least not this season.Kalou is the player which can frustrate you but also make you happy.People can say he is shit,but he is the only striker that performed this season,it's a fact.I am only disappointed with Carlo because of one thing,why didn't he play Sturridge? He was looking good every time he had a chance.On his loan he has scored in all of his three games he started.The boy has got loads of potential and he is not short of self esteem.Next season a starter mark my words.

Youngsters:

The only positive thing about our season so far.Our defenders need to be worried since Van Aanholt and Bruma are the players who should step up soon enough and build their names in our club.Both of them grew up to be fine players with loads of potential which they will prove if the chance is given.The ''boy'' the media is talking about the most is our very own Joshua McEchran,17 year old magician who for his age brings to shame a lot of midfield players in our club and in the League in general.If he doesn't have a future in this club than no one really has.And last but not less important Kakuta the little flying french man.All of them apart from Josh are out on loan but they will return and help us out for the new season.

Our problems are not that deep like most people think.Our players are not giving it all it is just that.We played really well against Sunderland in the diamond,but when we played with it against the big boys we barely created a chance.I also agree that 4-4-2 is a better formation for us but not this season.Football is not like Fifa 2011 where you can change the formation completely and still play well.These are real players and they need time to adapt to a new formation.Perhaps we can play 4-4-2 next season but without the diamond since it really doesn't help or work either.

Transfers:

It is true,we can't bring in all the players you see on TV,or you spot on YouTube.

The Fans:

Grow the fuck up (most of you not all) Chelsea wasn't always a top 4 club,and a lot of the lads on this forum can remember the times when we were happy to battle for the 4th place and get a spot in the UCL.Fans got so spoiled,let's bring all the players we can find on YouTube and adapt them overnight in our squad and we will never see a defeat again shall we? Every time we have a bad result people actually show that supporting a club in the bad times is just not their thing.

I apologize for the long post,and i know not everyone will agree with me but i wanted to show you that the things even in the bad days aren't so bad,it can always be worse we could be Leeds!

Yours truly TB

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting topic especially to a newbie like me.

I apologize in advance for asking here, is there a website that you (or anybody) would recommend that give a CFC history overview? I'll check out the Chelsea Gold section but I was wondering if there was another rec.

Quite good review but I was let down by this sentence

Our problems are not that deep like most people think.Our players are not giving it all it is just that.

Utterly simplistic and IMO false. The problems are quite deep and certainly deeper than something as vague as motivation.

I'd also say that apart from Drogba's and Essien's form the worst thing about this season was the way we handled our youngsters.

I agree with everything in this... TC post of the year.

You superstar. Not ever going to name any names, but I hate the spoiled cunts on here. I went mental last night when Cech saved the pen when every one else was going well FFS we should have fun... fuck sake it's football you win some you lose some!

But all those points spot on! KTBFFH :blue scalf:

Quite good review but I was let down by this sentence

Utterly simplistic and IMO false. The problems are quite deep and certainly deeper than something as vague as motivation.

I'd also say that apart from Drogba's and Essien's form the worst thing about this season was the way we handled our youngsters.

Thanks for reading.

We had a brilliant start of the season.We were 5 points ahead of our rivals,we had the same players like we do now so what went wrong? The other clubs figured out our game play? Not really.United and Arsenal and many other teams have been consistant in their tactics for years.And the main question is did our top players just became shit over three months? Not really

For me i think the fact that the players lack of form has kind of broken Carlo's confidence, making him some-what hesitent to a degree in which he is intimidated to give the youngsters bench time, rather then actual time on the field. Of course, every Chelsea fan expect the next JT to turn up one day, and with the likes of Sturridge, Clifford and McEarhan have upped the expectation to a higher level, but it is the patience in which is lacking. With the team being in a 'blimp' of form, and not playing there best - people are accustomed to pointing fingers and firing guns to whom, and where.

Faults are clear from the start of the season, to be honest - with the lack of incoming stars to replace those going out, we had the smallest squad, meaning we were destined to be vaulnerable to the horrific blight of injuries, out of form players, unmotivated players, and even lack of rotation - some fans probably expected that youngsters would be added to the rotation, and given a more specfic amount of playing time compared to the succesful season before, but like i have already stated - when the manager is faced with criticism and with a high expectation, it is only human that they hesitate - mistakes, for me, is something that we should learn from and build upon, not cover up for a little awhile only to fall in the same trap.

Carlo needs to stand up, show players that change is needed and go head first with decisions instead of having second thoughts. Even though we ARE going through a transitional peroid, we need a man who will make decisions and Carlo is that man. He is going to build his own team, with some coming from the golden days of Mourinho, and the future that still has to be written.

The players need to start to think, why are they playing for this club instead of giving half-arsed performances, just giving more pressure on the man on the sidelines. Carlo is human, and so are they - they are not machines, they are a team of individuals that when hitting the high mark combine to make a deadly force, but if some individuals don't turn up, then it is the team as a whole that would be taking the downfall except for one. In my honest opion, i can only say that Cech deserves to be the Player of The Season so far this season - his determination and his talent has been shown, while the men in front of him have been turned off (seeminglessly anyway).

When insight of gold, would you rather run to it and face the hardships all at once? Or, fight them down, one-by-one-by-one?

The Fans:

Grow the fuck up (most of you not all) Chelsea wasn't always a top 4 club,and a lot of the lads on this forum can remember the times when we were happy to battle for the 4th place and get a spot in the UCL.Fans got so spoiled,let's bring all the players we can find on YouTube and adapt them overnight in our squad and we will never see a defeat again shall we? Every time we have a bad result people actually show that supporting a club in the bad times is just not their thing.

I apologize for the long post,and i know not everyone will agree with me but i wanted to show you that the things even in the bad days aren't so bad,it can always be worse we could be Leeds!

Yours truly TB

Agree with this 100% and i can honsestly say ive not enjoyed this season at all but even if we where in league 1 i wouldnt stop support this club as most of you wouldnt either. The winning has spoilt alot of our fanbase and got us alot more fans, but its the ones that stick around and support the team when times are bad that are the fans we want. just wish spurs would stop winning ;)

The main thing that gets to me is the press there just wating for us to fail i know i should ignore the bullshit but its everywhere.

Its not just the press, every opposing fan hates us due to the money we have spent and Jealously that Abramovich did not buy them. I can remember going to watch us under Porterfield and Dave Webb(showing me age here!!) and we were awful...if you would have said to me then that in 15 to 20 years we would be competing with ALL english and European clubs I would have been amazed,,,,,

Its not just the press, every opposing fan hates us due to the money we have spent and Jealously that Abramovich did not buy them. I can remember going to watch us under Porterfield and Dave Webb(showing me age here!!) and we were awful...if you would have said to me then that in 15 to 20 years we would be competing with ALL english and European clubs I would have been amazed,,,,,

I guess it all came good in the end :champions: