Chelsea Hit With £40,000 Fa Fine

Bandicoot

Chelsea have been fined £40,000 by the Football Association after accepting a charge of failing to control their players in a league match.

The charges against the Blues related to incidents at the end of their 2-0 win at Derby on 24 November.

Chelsea skipper John Terry led players who confronted referee Andre Marriner after Michael Essien was sent off for pushing Kenny Miller in the face.

Essien served a three-match suspension for the offence. Last year the Londoners were fined £30,000, severely censured and warned as to their future conduct after admitting a similar charge following the 2-0 defeat at Manchester United on 23 September

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it that we seem to be the only club ever convictied of this?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't anyone actually think we have a bit of a discipline problem then?
do you remember man utd players chasing andy durso all over the park mate,our discipline is no worse than any other club,the difference now is jose has gone & refs ain`t scared of avram,jose would really show the refs up.now its the refs getting abit of payback.

do you remember man utd players chasing andy durso all over the park mate,our discipline is no worse than any other club,the difference now is jose has gone & refs ain`t scared of avram,jose would really show the refs up.now its the refs getting abit of payback.

Course I remember it and I remember thinking what an arrogant bunch of tossers they were.

I'm not saying no-one else ever does it but its getting a bit too regular with us. Ok, we've had some shocking decisions and its hardly surprising players react but thats no excuse for doing it for every decision. I used to excuse it as player unity, fighting for each other, whatever, but Im not always so sure now. Its getting harder to complain about refs being anti-Chelsea when we keep giving them ammunition tbh.

Thats not to say the FA aint arseholes because that goes without saying.

Is that because the usual suspects havent been playing?

That may be part of the reason, but maybe not all. Super huge decisions haven't went against us recently (appart from v. Villa) and add that the players could be learning that it doesnt do them much good complaining all the time. Grants rections on the sidelines arn't really that emotionally charged either, that could influence the players as well, i guess.