We don't need new players or manager.

spuz

No,we don't need players in January I meant. In the summer however we do have to look at the age of the said players I mentioned and look at the underperformers.

Don't give up on Kalou just yet. The only true shit players in our team are Ferreira,Turnbull and Hilario.

Oh I see.

Well in that respect, I still believe you are wrong. We don't have a strong squad, our bench is weak, and our players need competition. Successful teams, have big numbers, full of players who are brilliant and young but also have experience. There is no doubt we need a central defender and a right back. Ivanovic doesn't like playing right-back so we should listen to that view. We've been linked with Srna at right-back, if he's good and cheap, let's invest. At centre back we've been linked with Gary Cahill & David Luiz, both young and great, let's get one of them.. Alex could be out longer than January and Bruma is only used when absolutely necessary, if John Terry is not playing the partnership of Bruma-Ivanovic would not work (see Sunderland defeat).

Kalou is a hopeless case. He's been here 6-seasons and has hardly improved. His time in a Chelsea shirt should've been over this summer, but I'm not going to go on about this because I'm tired of trying to explain this point.

A goal keeper must be found to be a 2nd choice keeper. Cech has a potential 12 more years left in him, but we still need a Cudicini-type keeper to occupy the bench if Cech gets injured (which he's likely to in the next 12 years). Hopefully not sooner rather than later.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need imho a right hand side forward and a centrehalf, I'd get cahill then we would have cover in the middle use ivanovic\bosingwa at rb and get shot of ferreria, I'd then tempt milan to sell pato I reckon they would sell for the right amount, basically if we sign someone it should be players that benefit the team long term as well as short term, seeing as we are being more financially responsible one 30m+ purchase (pato) wouldn't be a total detriment to that end considering the upside to the deal, a world class youngster with years ahead of him

You're saying that Drobga, Anelka, Lampard and Ferriera will be finished by summer but you still say we don't need players? Kalou will make no difference being pushed up next to Drogba, because Kalou is not a good footballer, he's got some pace but defenders find him easy to play because one-on-one he's rubbish, he's a bit like Joe Cole was, a few neat tricks but no end product.

Bollocks. He is the best player in the world. :D

The main point is. We have no players to cover when the likes of Lampard, Terry, Drogba and Malouda get injured. This old fable about using the likes of Josh McEachran, Daniel Sturridge and even Patrick Van Aanholt was a nice fantasy when we believed, but we see now they're only really brought in, in dead-rubber games or when players get injured. The confidence in these players are next-to-none. I actually feel sorry for them.. Sturridge is now 21, we're turning him into a Carlton Cole, a player who's 28 and only just managed to score more than 1 goal in a game last week.

The Chelsea way, in the early Abramovich years was simple. If players aren't good enough, we'll buy some more, and when those guys aren't good, we'll buy more again. This policy was good for the short term and now we realise it's rubbish in the long term. For us pure fans, we long to see academy talent come through and our views were recognised this season, or so we thought. You can't just throw a 17 year old on the pitch and expect he'll save the match, it's simply too much to ask from a boy. The transition should come from guidance through the elder players.

Well, nothing lasts forever. These moments had to come since Roman took over the club, every sucessful club has them.

I dont believe in theory that Carlo doesn't like youth.

I thought that having two players in one position won't be good but actualy it would be. And also having couple of more players wouldn't affect youngsters since the oldest is 20. We need to fill that gap between them and 30 year olds.

Woolwichers have 2 or 3 ACM-s but Wenger knows how to use them.

Oh I see.

Well in that respect, I still believe you are wrong. We don't have a strong squad, our bench is weak, and our players need competition. Successful teams, have big numbers, full of players who are brilliant and young but also have experience. There is no doubt we need a central defender and a right back. Ivanovic doesn't like playing right-back so we should listen to that view. We've been linked with Srna at right-back, if he's good and cheap, let's invest. At centre back we've been linked with Gary Cahill & David Luiz, both young and great, let's get one of them.. Alex could be out longer than January and Bruma is only used when absolutely necessary, if John Terry is not playing the partnership of Bruma-Ivanovic would not work (see Sunderland defeat)..

The trouble is who can you get in January? I think our squad is strong enough,if only carlo would play Kakuta and Sturridge a bit more often.We have Terry,Alex,Ivan and Bruma as Centre backs. So I think we are well covered there. Unless we get major injuries there I can't see the point in signing a defender. I'd happily sign any right back if it meant the end of Ferreira but I do think Bosingwa is good enough.

Kalou has hardly ever played in his preferred position,he's young,fast,can score goals,happy to be a squad player,so getting rid wouldn't make sense.

Sure we can forgo signing new players, but we are taking a gamble if we crash out of the top 4.

Honestly a few good and adequately priced signings will allow us to get a decent amount back from the CL tv revenue.

He is, but he's not finished imo. He's still a goal threat for the opposition, he just needs to free himself from some psychological shackles he's placed on himself.

He is 33 and playing awful. What can we expect him to do in next season ?