Strikers

BlueLion.

Since when are we that obsessed with huge and strong strikers ?

I know Drogba is the best of his kind and that we've grown used to his style but shorter,weaker and better dribblers have certainly their uses. Under Ancelotti good crosses are few so it's not like we are build around his style of play.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LUKAKU is the only answer.

Apaaarantly he supports Chelsea well im sure the past two months have been farely unhappy for him. If he really supports the Blues Im sure Carlo plus Roman can persuad him. It woud be a miracle if we got him in the next transfer window thou. The Wait goes on haha

Firstly, yes we need to look at bringing a striker to the club. However not just a striker we are crying out for talented attacking creative players. I know most people are looking at the CB position and saying that is where we need to most urgently recruit from but i disagree, i think we need a a centre forward, a winger and a creative attacking midfielder. This will not happen in January though.

Going back to the striker though, we do not necesarily need a player in the Drogba mould, yes Drogba is perfect for playing the 4-3-3, but what we really need is someone who can take up the right positions for a lead striker in a 4-3-3. Nico tends to go walkabouts playing there which makes it more obvious what Drogba does when he is out. But lets go back a few years and look at forwards who HAVE worked as a lead striker in a 4-3-3, Gudjohnson and Crespo for starters are not exactly Drogba like players, we are not the sort of team who want to lump the ball up to a big forward, what we need is a player who can hold the ball up and bring the wingers and attacking midfielder into the game and obviously bang in the goals. Take a look at Borini, not the biggest or the strongest but he leads the line in a 4-3-3 perfectly.

Basically what i am saying is that we do not need to look for a Drogba like player. Although saying that i would like to see us sign Lukaku.

Personally i think an attacking midfielder should be number 1 on our priority list, where we are badly falling down without Lamps.

Firstly, yes we need to look at bringing a striker to the club. However not just a striker we are crying out for talented attacking creative players. I know most people are looking at the CB position and saying that is where we need to most urgently recruit from but i disagree, i think we need a a centre forward, a winger and a creative attacking midfielder. This will not happen in January though.

Going back to the striker though, we do not necesarily need a player in the Drogba mould, yes Drogba is perfect for playing the 4-3-3, but what we really need is someone who can take up the right positions for a lead striker in a 4-3-3. Nico tends to go walkabouts playing there which makes it more obvious what Drogba does when he is out. But lets go back a few years and look at forwards who HAVE worked as a lead striker in a 4-3-3, Gudjohnson and Crespo for starters are not exactly Drogba like players, we are not the sort of team who want to lump the ball up to a big forward, what we need is a player who can hold the ball up and bring the wingers and attacking midfielder into the game and obviously bang in the goals. Take a look at Borini, not the biggest or the strongest but he leads the line in a 4-3-3 perfectly.

Basically what i am saying is that we do not need to look for a Drogba like player. Although saying that i would like to see us sign Lukaku.

Personally i think an attacking midfielder should be number 1 on our priority list, where we are badly falling down without Lamps.

Agree 100%, especially with the bolded.