Chelsea Popularity !

Hingis

Hello Blues,

How come a club like Chelsea is nearly as popular as the Mancs, Scouse and Arse ? Chelsea hasn't a that big trophee cabinet but yet they have fan all over the world. The wannabe big three may call us still a little club but you have to see the amount of fans we have all over the world : see the official fanbases we have in the world. There's an explaination, we knew difficult times in the 1st ( championship ) division and also in the 2nd division ( 1st division ) 

but yet we got many fans keeping the blue flag flying high. This is why I think w

e are a special club. Many would like to be at Chelsea's place. Oh, I wish I could know much more about my beloved England club ! 

Do you know something ? I never regret a second of being a Chelsea fan ! I'm not a plastic or glory hunter Chelsea "fan" : I'm a true one ! If they ever get relegated, I will still follow them.

KTBFFH !

The Blues fans are the greatest bunch of fans I've ever seen on my life ! Now, I hope some of you will help me to achieve my dream : going to SB cheering for our men in blue 'till I got no voice anymore !

I'm proud of being one of yours and I hope you feel the same about me.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is mate, they call us a "small" club because they think it riles us basically. In short, If the master thieves, man ure or the arse had been through the ups and downs that Chelsea had endured then they would obviously be in the same boat as us. However, considering our somewhat "colourful" past, I think we still hold the record for the highest ever attendance in England, around 82,000 against the arse in the 30's I believe. wasnt there myself but mr Fulham Broadway told me that it was a right cunt to try and get a pee that day.

Sad thing is nowadays, that the old boys have been distanced from the club by High ticket prices, all seater stadiums and stupid fuckwit things like the ban on celery, In other words, taking the heart right out of the club. nowadays, we have what should be classed as a world beating team, but we struggle to sell out against the handbrakes at home, sad really.

A lots been made from other clubs about our crap attendances in the past, 7000 against Southampton, carlisle, etc, THis was due to the club being at its lowest ebb, Or, to put it on a positive spin, in season 87/88 we started off brightly enough, then went on a 21 game run without a win, which put us into the relegation play off's, although we horsed Blackburn Rovers 6-1 on agg, we lost to Boro 1-2 on agg and were relegated, Amid such crowd scenes that havent been seen since the wild west, point is, that day, athough we had been shit all season, and had badly let the fans down, we had around 50,000 in that day against boro at the Bridge. Hardly a small club. If the team had walked out against boro and the stadium was empty then its no more than the players had deserved after such a crap season.

So, in short, us: Big club right?

Pick pockets, man ure and the arse = cunts :lol:

Edited by changingman2000

k i'm probs gonna talk a lot of shit now, but here goes.............

We are as popular as the mancs, tire thieves and goons, mainly because since abramovich bought us, we've been a major force in English football. 2 Titles, 1 FA Cup, 2 Carling Cups, 2 UCL Semi Finals and a Charity Shield. We haven't finished outside the top 2 since 2002-2003. Champions league 5 years in a row. Richest Club in England (cept QP-HA now :P), we tour the USA and Korea. We're now a franchise rather than just a football club. Jose Mourinho helped too of course :D. I guess thats why we're bigger than we were. We have always been a pretty big club tbh, but the last 5 years has been the key for us being a lot bigger than we have been. Before that, we had Ruud Gullit, then we atracted stars like Vialli, Zola, Di Matteo, Leboeuf, Desailly ETC, some of the greatest names ever.

We were always fairly big, Gullit and his signings made us bigger, Roman and his money + Players & Jose made us massive. Chelsea has always had a great tradition tho.

P.S We don't have a blue flag, we have a Blue & White Checkered one :P they need to change it to all blue because it just doesn't work with the song (it's quite nice tho :P).

The truth is mate, they call us a "small" club because they think it riles us basically. In short, If the master thieves, man ure or the arse had been through the ups and downs that Chelsea had endured then they would obviously be in the same boat as us. However, considering our somewhat "colourful" past, I think we still hold the record for the highest ever attendance in England, around 82,000 against the arse in the 30's I believe. wasnt there myself but mr Fulham Broadway told me that it was a right cunt to try and get a pee that day.

Sad thing is nowadays, that the old boys have been distanced from the club by High ticket prices, all seater stadiums and stupid fuckwit things like the ban on celery, In other words, taking the heart right out of the club. nowadays, we have what should be classed as a world beating team, but we struggle to sell out against the handbrakes at home, sad really.

A lots been made from other clubs about our crap attendances in the past, 7000 against Southampton, carlisle, etc, THis was due to the club being at its lowest ebb, Or, to put it on a positive spin, in season 87/88 we started off brightly enough, then went on a 21 game run without a win, which put us into the relegation play off's, although we horsed Blackburn Rovers 6-1 on agg, we lost to Boro 1-2 on agg and were relegated, Amid such crowd scenes that havent been seen since the wild west, point is, that day, athough we had been shit all season, and had badly let the fans down, we had around 50,000 in that day against boro at the Bridge. Hardly a small club. If the team had walked out against boro and the stadium was empty then its no more than the players had deserved after such a crap season.

So, in short, us: Big club right?

Pick pockets, man ure and the arse = cunts :lol:

Good post. Other teams fans took the piss when we were languishing in the 2nd half of Div 2 , saw us as the mighty fallen, - but not when they had to clean up and lick their wounds after we had 'visited'.

As for that 1935 game CM how very impudent young man. I'm not nearly old enough to have attended. However my first game 1936 season against Jackie Milburns Leeds, there was a right old fracas as the Leeds 'Flying Scotsman Crew' tried to attack us, a scruffy mob getting halfpenny transfers to the 'benches'. Needless to say the Northern Pie Eaters were repulsed by us Chelsea 'Flat Cap Hunters'.

The Leeds 'Flat Cappers' who were losing 2-0 then tried a dastardly trick of game abandonment, here seen being restrained by 'the Old William'

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/2667361.jpg...55A1E4F32AD3138

Good post. Other teams fans took the piss when we were languishing in the 2nd half of Div 2 , saw us as the mighty fallen, - but not when they had to clean up and lick their wounds after we had 'visited'.

As for that 1935 game CM how very impudent young man. I'm not nearly old enough to have attended. However my first game 1936 season against Jackie Milburns Leeds, there was a right old fracas as the Leeds 'Flying Scotsman Crew' tried to attack us, a scruffy mob getting halfpenny transfers to the 'benches'. Needless to say the Northern Pie Eaters were repulsed by us Chelsea 'Flat Cap Hunters'.

The Leeds 'Flat Cappers' who were losing 2-0 then tried a dastardly trick of game abandonment, here seen being restrained by 'the Old William'

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/2667361.jpg...55A1E4F32AD3138

Ah yes, the "Flying Scotsman" crew, a legend in their own tea time. A fore runner for the less than infamous "service crew". Of course the Flat Cap hunters were indeed the stuff of legend, History has it noted that scousers, manc, mackems, geordies and Bummies were repelled by these vicious young pups of yester year, each time they attempted to attend footie at Fortress Stamford Bridge.

Only a couple of years later was war was declared, which gave "Old William" some welcome respite from the "F C H". Only for disaster to fall from the most strangest of sources - The War Cup. And a final between Chelsea and those turnpikes from the deep souf, Millwall. a game which seen droves of young men desert the front lines of France and Holland, to attend a front line of far more significance.........

Ah yes, the "Flying Scotsman" crew, a legend in their own tea time. A fore runner for the less than infamous "service crew". Of course the Flat Cap hunters were indeed the stuff of legend, History has it noted that scousers, manc, mackems, geordies and Bummies were repelled by these vicious young pups of yester year, each time they attempted to attend footie at Fortress Stamford Bridge.

Only a couple of years later was war was declared, which gave "Old William" some welcome respite from the "F C H". Only for disaster to fall from the most strangest of sources - The War Cup. And a final between Chelsea and those turnpikes from the deep souf, Millwall. a game which seen droves of young men desert the front lines of France and Holland, to attend a front line of far more significance.........

Ahh, the old War Cup. Attendances were down due to the global conflict, so Sir Ranulf-Cockburn Bates, father of Ken, decided with Lord Cuntishbury of the FA to stage a 2 leg War Cup with Millwall. Many troops were allowed dispensation from the front line for a 'hoolie ruck'. (are you taking this in Hingis ? its for your benefit).

Anyway, the first leg at Old The Den, saw more casualties than Dunkirk, (mainly Old William), and mainly celery wounds.

Outside the Den http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1060/904395...ade45c907_o.jpg

..and the second leg was called off because Hitler had opened up a second front in the East.

You know before knowing Chelsea, I didn't know anything better than the mancs, scousers and Arsenil but when I travelled to London with school, I saw a beautiful scarf with the name of Chelsea on, didn't take me a lot of time to become a die hard Chelsea fan.

Ahh, the old War Cup. Attendances were down due to the global conflict, so Sir Ranulf-Cockburn Bates, father of Ken, decided with Lord Cuntishbury of the FA to stage a 2 leg War Cup with Millwall. Many troops were allowed dispensation from the front line for a 'hoolie ruck'. (are you taking this in Hingis ? its for your benefit).

Anyway, the first leg at Old The Den, saw more casualties than Dunkirk, (mainly Old William), and mainly celery wounds.

Outside the Den http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1060/904395...ade45c907_o.jpg

..and the second leg was called off because Hitler had opened up a second front in the East.

Ah Yes, That fateful first leg at the Old Den was indeed a colourful occasion, except the only colours on show seemed to be black and blue. And you are of course correct, "Old William" did indeed decide that this was the time to make a stand against the war time war mongerers of Chelsea and Millwall......except they didnt do much standing that day as I recall.

The footie on show that day was more of an afterthought to what was occuring on those famous hills of Souf East London that day.

Hingis, I dearly hope your paying attention young man.............as I'll be asking questions later