Man up!

BlueLion.

It's not this game alone tho is it, we've lost 3/4 which is absolutely unheard of for us. We were good yeah, just like the 2nd half against Liverpool but just like then, we did everything but score.

3 defeats in 4

7 goals in 9 games

5 games already we've failed to score in, only 1 last season.

It's not a crisis but it would be if Lampard, Essien and JT were all out for 6 months. We're still top, god only knows how, but we are. I understand the point of the thread fully, but this isn't the work of 1 or 2 games and it's not even december yet. Ok so you have stated those points above but it is worrying to see what happens when key players are missing. Our players have got to be strong now and prove why they wear the badge and play for our great club. It's got to be a sudden impact and improvement now.

Absolutely agree with you mate. But take Vidic, Ferdinand, Scholes and Carrick out of the United team, and have only a half-fit Rooney. Similarly consider Arsenal with Van Persie at 50%, no Fabregas or Alex Song, with Koscielny and Vermaelen both out as well. They'd struggle too. My point is any team would struggle without the calibre of players we're missing, namely the world's best attacking midfielder in Lampard, arguably the best all-round player in the Premier League (Essien) and the best defensive partnership in the league (bar perhaps Vidic and Ferdinand) in Alex and Terry.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day i can take losing, especially a game like yesterday. It was one of those freak games, they had 1 bloody shot and scored from it. We played well, i was pleased with the performance the lads gave yesterday. What i get annoyed about is when we play like we are not up for it like Sunderland, Liverpool and Man City. This defeat i can take on the chin, the other 3 frustrated the life out of me.

Sometimes you have toput things into perspective, if yesterdays game was an indication of our improvement in form then i am happy.