Anelka not dwelling on the past

BlueLion.

Nicolas Anelka has expressed his delight with Chelsea's performance on their return to the Luzhniki Stadium.

Spartak-v-Chelsea-Nicolas-Anelka-Goal-Celeb_2517015.jpg

The Blues overcame Spartak Moscow 2-0 on Tuesday night to move a step closer to a place in the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League.

Chelsea had lost to Manchester United on a previous visit to the ground in the final of the 2008 competition, when Anelka and John Terry both failed to score from the spot in a dramatic penalty shoot-out.

The Frenchman scored in the victory over Spartak, adding to a fantastic opening goal by Yuri Zhirkov.

And after the game Anelka preferred to focus on the significance of an impressive away win rather than dwell on the past.

Tough

"What happened two years ago doesn't matter anymore. That's all in the past," he said.

"We can now get to play our game and to play our football, which we did.

"It was a tough game, we knew they are a good team and we are happy with the 2-0 win - but it's a shame because I think we could have scored more.

"But this shows we can go to tough places like Russia and win, even when we are not at full strength."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11668_6454899,00.html

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what a great signing he turned out to be . I doubted it very much when we signed him ..but he has been superb...

and I think he has years left in him ...much like Sherringham

Signings under Grant weren't that bad - Nico, Ivan, Bos. To be honest, they have already proved to be brilliant.

Signings under Grant weren't that bad - Nico, Ivan, Bos. To be honest, they have already proved to be brilliant.

i thought Bos was a Scolari singing..

Indeed Anelka has been a great signing..like Zolayes..i wasn`t keen on him to begin with..prior to him joining and during his first season with us, but since then he`s really grown on me..i think he`s really grown up over the last couple of years both personality wise and as a player.

i thought Bos was a Scolari singing..

Indeed Anelka has been a great signing..like Zolayes..i wasn`t keen on him to begin with..prior to him joining and during his first season with us, but since then he`s really grown on me..i think he`s really grown up over the last couple of years both personality wise and as a player.

Bosingwa himself said that he had been brought by Avram Grant.

Haha, very clever, Badboy! I do agree with you there, it's quite annoying to see someone with such pace and skill just come to a standstill, try to hold up the ball and lose it! However he's only been doing it when Didier isn't playing; I think Carlo is telling him to do what Didier does and act as an outlet for the midfield, but it simply doesn't suit his game.

Haha, very clever, Badboy! I do agree with you there, it's quite annoying to see someone with such pace and skill just come to a standstill, try to hold up the ball and lose it! However he's only been doing it when Didier isn't playing; I think Carlo is telling him to do what Didier does and act as an outlet for the midfield, but it simply doesn't suit his game.

Yeah i just wish we had someone like lukaku to hold up the ball when Drogba's injured so Anelka can maintain his his game.