Anelka Honoured

Anelka honoured by Blues move

Nicolas Anelka has described signing for Chelsea as an 'honour' after completing a £15million move to Stamford Bridge.

The French international striker has signed a three-and-a-half year deal with the Blues after leaving Bolton.

And Anelka, who could make his debut in the Premier League game with Tottenham on Saturday, is now looking forward to playing for Chelsea manager Avram Grant.

"Chelsea are a big club," Anelka told the Blues' official website.

"I have proved that I can score goals at the top level and I can do the same for Chelsea.

"I want to tell the Chelsea fans that I see this as a great opportunity and an honour to play for Chelsea and I will not disappoint them.

"Chelsea is the team I really wanted to join and I hope this will be the last club that I play for.

"I am delighted everything has been sorted out. This was a fantastic opportunity that I couldn't turn down.

"I am really looking forward to working with Avram and Chelsea's style of football really suits my game.

"I have been really impressed by what he and the team has done this season in what were very difficult circumstances.

"Everyone can see that they have had great results and are challenging for all the major trophies.

"The quality of the players they have is fantastic and the competition for places excites me."

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just hope he's not hit with the curse of the Chelsea strikers.

lets hope not most of our strikers have all been slow to hit soe type of form and produce some goals lets hope he starts tonite and we get the win over the spurs

Most of our strikers have, but most of our strikers have come from foreign leagues. Don't expect debut hattricks, because he needs time to settle and adapt to our system. At Long Ball-ton Wanderers, they rarely play from the back and break forward so he will have to learn our methods of attack.

Most of our strikers have, but most of our strikers have come from foreign leagues. Don't expect debut hattricks, because he needs time to settle and adapt to our system. At Long Ball-ton Wanderers, they rarely play from the back and break forward so he will have to learn our methods of attack.

I dont think he'll take that long to settle in at all. He's been around the block and knows how to play many different styles of football. Is our system really that difficult?

If he starts he'll have SWP and Malouda ( probably) supporting him from the wings, with Ballack and Joey supporting him from midfield. He can hold it up, come short, go past players, lay it off, whatever. A very good player.

He'll carry on where he left off at Bolton imo. ;)

Apparently Sheva is doubtful for the game today according to reports....to me that means he's almost ready to return to the team. I would think that when Drogba returns ( hopefully not injured) he will be playing alongside Anelka with Sheva on the bench..........or maybe we could see all 3 up front together :o

well hes not really attacking.

Those quotes from Anelka are great, you can tell how happy he is (to get away from Bolton) to come to us and he can't wait to start. He's been a bit lost since he left Arsenal i think, played for some European clubs without huge success and some mediocre english ones (liverpool for example :P)

Now everything is set up for him how he wants it.

he was absolutely fantastic when he came on today. Had a great shot that was well saved and a brilliant turn and shot against the crossbar in the last couple of mins. He's a quality striker, full of confidence, playing at the top of his game. We bought him at the perfect time possible.