The most popular teams in Europe

Peace.

According to a german research firm "Sport+Markt", the most popular teams in Europe are :

1. Barcelona (Spain) 57,8 millions.

2. Real Madrid (Spain) 31,3.

3. Manchester United (UK) 30,6.

4. Chelsea (UK) 21,4.

5. Bayern Munich (Ger) 20,7.

6. Arsenal (Uk) 20,3.

7. AC Milan (It) 18,4.

8. Inter Milan (It) 17,5.

9. Liverpool (Uk) 16,4.

10. Juventus (It) 13,1.

11. Zenit St-Petersbourg (Rus) 12,6.

12. CSKA Moscou (Rus) 10,5.

13. Spartak Moscou (Rus) 9,0.

14. Marseille (Fr) 7,8.

15. Ajax Amsterdam (Netherlands) 7,1.

16. Galatasaray Istanbul (Tur) 6,8.

17. Lyon (Fr) 6,6.

18. Fenerbahce Istanbul (Tur) 6,1.

19. AS Roma (It) 6,0.

20. Dynamo Kiev (Ukr) 5,3.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No surprises? You're kidding me? No way is our European fanbase bigger than Arsenal, Liverpool and Milan?!

I think the survey takes into account Africa and other continental fans. That's why it doesn't surprise me Inter and AC aren't up there, they're known but not supported by most. Though the Arsenal and Liverpool one is a bit of an odd one.

they did a most popular player

1scholes

2 giggs

3 rooney

4 rio

guess the next 6...

this survey was carried out in Surrey

Where did you find it ? Can i have the source please ?

Hmm... I think there is at least Gerrard

===

It's a surprise for me, i have never imagined that we could have more fans than Milan, Liverpool, etc... I guess it's thanks to our great last season.

I think the survey takes into account Africa and other continental fans. That's why it doesn't surprise me Inter and AC aren't up there, they're known but not supported by most. Though the Arsenal and Liverpool one is a bit of an odd one.

No way! People here in the US know who Arsenal and Liverpool are, but many of them have never heard of Chelsea!

No way! People here in the US know who Arsenal and Liverpool are, but many of them have never heard of Chelsea!

Different story when I was in Kenya.. Saw quite alot of United, Chelsea & Liverpool fans.. 1 or 2 AC shirts but I suspect those were worn out of having the jersey rather than supporting the club.

Different story when I was in Kenya.. Saw quite alot of United, Chelsea & Liverpool fans.. 1 or 2 AC shirts but I suspect those were worn out of having the jersey rather than supporting the club.

must tell me about your kenya trip ...lived there years ago ...football was crap ..and often fights about the ball being hexed by witch doctors