So when do we see our young players?

Wilson

I can't wait to see Bruma, Aanholt, Kakuta and others. When they gonna get a chance?I know its early but we have had fairly decent opponents to put them up against. Also can't wait to see more of Benayoun and Ramires :D

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh didn't know this. Source? Or even more info please?

Here is Bruma's twitter

LINK

And I can't find anything on Kakuta right now but it's been said numerous times that he had a shoulder injury in videos like "Blues News" and other websites :)

Our five first games are easy, so we have to take the 15 points. And the safer way to do so, it's to line up our best players, which mean no youngster.

And after these games, we play against Citeh and Arsenal, two opponents for the title. So once again we gonna line up our best players to guarantee the six points.

And after those 7 games, if everything is alright we will have at least : five points ahead both Arsenal and Citeh, and 2 points ahead on ManU. Then the youngsters will be more involded with the team (i mean they will be on the starting eleven).

So you gotta wait a little bit.

^Completly right. We gotta wait, when some of our starters start getting tired, for example Anelka or Lamps, we gonna get the chance to see Sturridge, Kakuta and the others a bit more.

although i understand what you are trying to say here but i think it will be better if we just rotate our squad specially against smaller teams to keep everyone fresh and fit

well , bruma and sturridge will definitely get a lot of chances this year as matches will go on .. we are gonna have midweek matches and some players willl be tired and others will be injured (hope not) .. so bruma can easily get more than 10 matches due to the shortage we have in defence ..

but i am worried about kakuta he has malouda anelka kalou benayoun and sturridge all fighting for two places and are infront of him in the picking order but hope carlo will give him all the playing time he needs when he is back from injury

I really don't think that we have to worry about the young players getting chances this season. With 5 youngsters included in our squad of 25 somewhere along the line they will have to get the chances to get playing time, we are very early in the season and there is no need to rush things and play them just for the sake of it, but clearly Bruma, Borini, Van Aanholt, Kakuta and to a lesser extent Josh McEachran will get a good number of games this season. I think we will see the Carling Cup used to give them games as well.

I would say wait to the CC games and early FA Cup games AND when the CL starts to get into full swing we'll see them all getting more league appearances. I'm still worried slightly but we want a good start and I'd rather have a good start like last season, we'll be fine with our youth

If you go on Brumas twitter, see who he's following you'll see Gael Kakuta. When i clicked on his, last comment was from patrick van aanholt.

These are the sorts of players i hope to be regulars for Chelsea in a few years time.

I'm not sure how many youngsters will appear against Newcastle, because their premier league opposition, but i would rather go out of the carling cup because we fielded a young team, than go out of it with a full strength team. Although i'm confident the younger players mixed in with some of the subs, kalou and benayoun for example, would be able to beat Newcastle

Turnbull/Hilario

Bosingwa (if he's back, game time) Bruma Alex Van Aanholt

Ramires Benayoun McEachran (would we play him?)

Kalou Sturridge Kakuta

I was trying to be realistic btw, its obvious experienced players like Alex or Ivanovic would still be present in the team, and Kalou would probably play, if not Anelka/Malouda for that matter.

Judging from some of the comments, we better make them happy and do an Arsenal

Yeah people are a little eager to see us use our younsters, which is understandable as we have some with alot of potential. Problem is are they going to be better than our current first team players...? Good enough to use in the league or europe?

As said, I'd personally use them in the Carling Cup for the time being, then later on in the season they will be more and capable of filling in when needed due to injuries, suspensions etc.