Chelsea vs Stoke

BlueLion.

First chance I've had to get on here since the match, I was in the MH lower, overall we played ok, 3 points and that all that matters, nobody played badly, other than Frankie having a quiet game, but his injury explains that. Good to see Ramires get his debut under his belt, did get too many touches of the ball though.

Flo was terrific, as was Ash down the left, Stoke didnt have a hope in hells chance of containing them two.

A steady game, were NOT going to win 6-0 every week, but we got the 3 points (main thing) kept another clean sheet (by the width of a crossbar lol) and were top of the league. Happy days, bring on Blackpool then Newcastle in the CC.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought, even if afforded the freedom of Stamfrod Bridge by Stoke, that Mikel was outstanding. I've always thought his passing range was immensely underrated and he has really shown why so far this season. Short and long passing is accurate and his first touch/shielding of the ball is mind boggling.

Future Chelsea captain!

Thought about that, too. Would be the perfect man for the job once the now-still-playing legends are gone.

Seems like a natural progression doesn't it? He's been here since he was 18 and is easily good enough to still be a Chelsea player for another decade. Once he's reached 27-28 most, if not all, our big players will have retired or moved on.

And he was made the capitain of Nigeria before the World Cup so he will get more experience.

Thought about that, too. Would be the perfect man for the job once the now-still-playing legends are gone.

well , i won't say he will not deserve this if he stays and plays for chelsea for 10 or 12 years then he certainly can be a fan favourite , and will have a great connection with everyone at the club .

but the problem is i would love to see someone like lamps , terry or Drogba captaining our sides after those legends retire . i mean an inspirational man with a lion heart like john terry .

anyway here is my predictions for chelsea captains :

2010 - 2015 (john terry) he will be just 34 or 35 and i think our terry can go further than that and be a maldini like legend

specially that pace was never his friend so what is there to lose by getting old

2015 - 2018 (peter cech) he is a goalkeeper and we all have seen vandersar at his 40s

2018 - later (Bruma or Clifford)