Nicolas Burdisso

chrismada9

Chelsea have been linked with a move for Inter Milan defender Nicolas Burdisso following Ricardo Carvalho's £6.7million move to Real Madrid.

Sportsmail understands that the Blues are keen on Benfica's Brazil defender David Luiz, but a £27million price tag could lead them to look at other targets.

Reports in Italy suggest Carlo Ancelotti could return to Italy for 29-year-old Burdisso, and Inter technical director Marco Branca has added fuel to the fire by confirming there has been interest from England.

The Argentina defender's agent insisted last week there had been no contact yet from Chelsea, but Branca said: 'I can confirm that Burdisso has many admirers in England.'

Ancelotti deployed John Terry and Alex at the centre of his defence in Sunday's 6-0 win against West Bromwich and also has Branislav Ivanovic to call on.

But the Stamford Bridge boss must decide whether to bring in a replacement for Carvalho, who was sold to Real last week or give opportunities to the likes of Michael Mancienne or Jeffrey Bruma.

Like Luiz, Burdisso is versatile enough to play anywhere along the back four. He had hoped to clinch a permanent move to Roma, where he spent last season on loan, but the clubs have failed to agree a fee.

--------------------------------

Source: Daily Mail :whistling:

--------------------------------

Too Old??

To be honest I don't think we need him, but I set up a discussion anyway

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From now on links from the websites Goal or Tribalfootball (or any other unreliable source) will be deleted from the forum. They are now banned, because more then 90 percent of the rubbish from those websites are not true.

Steve.

Carlo denies Burdisso link

Ancelotti told Sky Italia: "Burdisso at Chelsea? It's not true. We have three defenders at the highest level."

Meanwhile, Burdisso's agent Fernando Hidalgo told vocegiallorossa.it: "Chelsea's offer for Burdisso? No, I have received no proposal from the management of the London club about Burdisso.