The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

No it can be quite racist to refer to someone as a native.

So I should say Serbian/Serbia-born or something among those lines?

I've noticed in Brazil we do many things other cultures would consider racist but it's just normal here and no one gets offended.

So I should say Serbian/Serbia-born or something among those lines?

I've noticed in Brazil we do many things other cultures would consider racist but it's just normal here and no one gets offended.

Yeah, just use the denomyn. It's the safest, I think. The word native (in my country at least) has a lot of connections to Brtish colonialism and what's happened since.

You should here how most Aussie's speak in everyday language. There is a reason we have a reputaion for being "dumb, drunk and racist". We are very casual about it, it's not the KKK or Neo Nazis or anything like that. People just say really ignorant and racist things all the time, myself included. My friend who is Indigenous Australian with European heritage also has stated many times before that he hate those "black cunts". It's an almost ironic hypocrisy.

Yeah, just use the denomyn. It's the safest, I think. The word native (in my country at least) has a lot of connections to Brtish colonialism and what's happened since.

You should here how most Aussie's speak in everyday language. There is a reason we have a reputaion for being "dumb, drunk and racist". We are very casual about it, it's not the KKK or Neo Nazis or anything like that. People just say really ignorant and racist things all the time, myself included. My friend who is Indigenous Australian with European heritage also has stated many times before that he hate those "black cunts". It's an almost ironic hypocrisy.

Brazilians are somewhat racist but it is very subtle (compared to most places). In such a way some people may think we aren't, but we too are racists, in general.

We should!

Here, an example:

I find it unbelievable people can find that ad racist, really.

It's only racist if it portrays a stereotpye or implies racial superiority. It's insensitive but not racist.

A lot of the time people mix up prejudiced and racist.

It's only racist if it portrays a stereotpye or implies racial superiority. It's insensitive but not racist.

A lot of the time people mix up prejudiced and racist.

Pulling your eyes like that is considered kinda cute here. Actually it kinda is a sign of respect. Something like, "we respect them so much we wanna be like them" thing. Are we weird? Hahaha.

What is the reason behind the hatred between you guys?

Well as a fairly young lad I can't remember 90ies well, but the principle of what happened is hatred getting inserted into a mighty country which along with some heavy manipulation and media propaganda would tear the country itself to pieces which would allow you to become more influential in that region, gain more resources, power and money. I can go on and on, but I feel this is not the place for it :(

That said, I love all people from here. They haven't done a single bad thing for me, so I have absolutely no reason to hate someone just because he was born somewhere else...

As a matter of fact, one of my favorite people here is Donni, who is Albanian and yeah, there isn't love between our two countries. But hey, I never had problems with Donni, and my current avatar and signature are actually made from him. So again, thank you Donni for your lovely art ;)

Brazilians are somewhat racist but it is very subtle (compared to most places). In such a way some people may think we aren't, but we too are racists, in general.

Yes, but we have less racism than Europe and USA still.

What bothers me the most is that we have a huge prejudice towards poor and uneducated people, it is trully fustrating.

Yes, but we have less racism than Europe and USA still.

What bothers me the most is that we have a huge prejudice towards poor and uneducated people, it is trully fustrating.

Mostly poor people, I agree. Some believe we don't really have prejudice with black, they say we just associate blacks to poverty. I think there's some truth in that assumption, but there is more to it than that.

And brazilians treat foreign people very very well because we have the feeling they're rich and well-educated, when people find they're not it's not quite the same. At least that's what I saw here with some spanish I knew.

Mostly poor people, I agree. Some believe we don't really have prejudice with black, they say we just associate blacks to poverty. I think there's some truth in that assumption, but there is more to it than that.

And brazilians treat foreign people very very well because we have the feeling they're rich and well-educated, when people find they're not it's not quite the same. At least that's what I saw here with some spanish I knew.

Yes and no...

I agree with most parts but I honestly think we have a super valorization of foreign stuff. Brazilians (specially the ones that did not travel) think everything abroad is fucking perfect...