The Pub - Discuss Anything

Manuf

U wot m8

?????

I meant to say with respect to our solar system, not galaxy. I said "linearly" at rest because the sun revolves around it self. But I know it rotates around the galactic center (black hole), but so does the rest of the solar system, making the sun at rest wrt to it. Btw, the motion is not entirely rotational, but rather both linear and rotational since the solar system is moving closer to the black hole.

I know, but you teased and I could contain myself! :D

The Sun moves around of its arm, so it will eventually have three destiny. It will either be swallowed by the black holes, it will be desimated when we collid with adromeda or it will explode and die before any of the above happen.

milkyway_arms.gif

The Sun moves around of its arm, so it will eventually have three destiny. It will either be swallowed by the black holes, it will be desimated when we collid with adromeda or it will explode and die before any of the above happen.

I'm pretty sure the sun does not have the mass to 'explode', as in turn into a super nova. Instead it will keep on expanding until it runs out of hydrogen and turn into a red giant that burns helium instead (by this time it would probably be big enough to envelope earth). When it runs out of that too, it's core turns into a white dwarf. But by then, life would be long gone in our solar system.

I'm pretty sure the sun does not have the mass to 'explode', as in turn into a super nova. Instead it will keep on expanding until it runs out of hydrogen and turn into a red giant that burns helium instead (by this time it would probably be big enough to envelope earth). When it runs out of that too, it's core turns into a white dwarf. But by then, life would be long gone in our solar system.

Oh no, you are right. Super Novas only happen in bright blue stars and Hyper Novas only happen in those same stars in a binary system (where the smaller star can feed from the big one). However, it will still have an explosion (or expansion if you will) that will swallow Mercury, Venus and Earth. Then, its core will become a White Dwarf or a giant diamond esphere (if you prefer).

By the way, "How the Universe Works" (by Discovery) explains it brilliantly.

Yes I do. When you insult someones opinion, you should at least explain why!

I find the post so stuipid that it's not worth the time to explain why. Also I find it so obvious that it shouldnt been an explanation.

Claiming that someone like Terry doesnt have Chelsea in his heart, or Lampard... seriousley?