The addition of Ramires has reinforced my suspicion. This will be our formation!

Swoopz

http://upload.wikime.../b0/4-2-3-1.gif

-------------- Drogba-----------

FloMo-------Lamps-------Yossi/Kakuta/Anelka

-------Ramires-----Essien----

Cole--Carv/Alex--Terry--Bos

This is the same, extremely successful, formation Germany were using throughout the World Cup. Anelka can play Drogba's position during less critical matches, also allowing game time for Gael. This system wont need Aguero, I dont think we will see "Mr. $40million-dollar-man" in the squad this year.

Edited by SevenXI

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

4-3-3

---------------------------------------Cech-----------------------------

---------Bos/Iva--------- Alex/Iva-----------JT----------- Ash

------------------------------Mikel/Ramires--------------------------

--------------------Ess/Ramires------------Lampard-------------

Kalou/Anelka/Yossi----------------------------------Flo/Yuri

------------------------------------Drogba------------------------------

Edited by Madmax201010

-------------- Drogba-----------

FloMo-------Lamps-------Yossi/Kakuta/Anelka

-------Ramires-----Essien----

Cole--Carv/Alex--Terry--Bos

Yup, pretty much agree with that, although i think Ivanovic will be JT's preffered partner. Mikel, Ramires and Essien alternating games.

I don't see why Carlo is buying Ramires to play as a DM when he is basically a more streamlined version of Essien. If anything I see our midfield being:

Essien

Lampard - - - Ramires

With Essien being the holding player; he's more suited to it. Even watch Ramires for Brazil, he always played in front of Gilberto Silva as an out-and-out attacking player.

I can see Ramires and Essien playing together as Central Midfielders and not Defensive Midfielder,I'd rather see Mikel get a chance in a midfield like this::

--------------Mikel/Essien--------------

Essien/Ramires--------------Lampard/Ramires

Mikel has bags of experience and I don't think Ramires will walk into the starting eleven from day 1.

Stays with a 4-3-3 with 2 out of the 3 (Ramires, Essien, Mikel) playing.

4-2-3-1 wouldn't suit us - we have no one to play in that AM position. Any formation we use should get the best out of Lampard and Drogba if we want to win things, a 4231 doesn't help Lampard at all.

I think we will have the same 4-3-3 we had for most of last season and that works fine. We tried Lampard in a more advanced position when we used the diamond and it was a disaster, lets not forget just how poor Lampard was when he was played in that position. Lampard is at his best when he is making untracked, late runs from deep.

Buying Ramires doesn't change our system, he will simply slot in like for like in place of Mikel in the holding midfield role to allow Essien to go forward more often. That being said Ramires is very good on the ball and can break forward himself. Ramires is also versatile and can do a job on the right wing if needed, at right back or in Essien's more attacking position if Essien goes down injured. Tremendous signing by Chelsea.