Moving to London

Steve

Hey guys.

Was just wondering if you guys could help me out with some basic information about moving to London. I was looking to come January or February of next year for around 1 year. I was just wondering if you guys could give me some basic advice. I was wondering if it hard to find jobs over there? and also what a basic wage would be?. Also is it expencive to rent closer to the Bridge?

Any advice in general would be helpful!

Cheers

Steve :)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought most of the Aussies were going back ? Economic gloom and all that.

You may or may not know Steve, most of the Aussies are based in Earls Court -or 'kangaroo valley' as its known. Tube ride away from the Bridge -properties round there are probably the most expensive in the UK, so prob best to look round Earls Court area. Depends what sort of work you were after -there always seems to be barwork going.

Prob best to hook up with an ozzie forum on line where theyll have all the advice

Depends what you're after I suppose, just a room or a flat? Fulham/Chelsea is one of the nicest areas in London so is probably going to be expensive, although I've never looked. Probably cheaper a bit further out like Hammersmith, Acton, Brentford etc. Even if you went right out to Uxbridge/Hillingdon Stamford Bridge and central London are easy to get to so don't worry about that.

Oh ok thanks for the advice guys. I does not really bother me about staying somewhere a bit further away if it is going to save me some money. I was looking for a flat, something which could maybe hold up to 3 people. Which will obviously be a bit more expensive but that can be split.. I will look around the net and try and find some information about it.