The Big Match -Chelsea

New DVD which I seriously recommend for any 'older' Chels fans or younger ones that want to know the history.

The Big Match was a TV highlights programme in the 70s and 80s. This DVD is the best Chelsea one yet. It has 14 games , the first from 69-70 season . Some brilliant shots of the old Stamford Bridge, and the first game on the DVD is against Arsenal. It is a bit like the game three days ago, catching Arsenal on the break and winning 3-0.

The next game against West ham - Chelsea 2 v West Ham 1. West Ham have Bobby Moore, and Jimmy Greaves playing (forgot he played for them). Frank Lampard scores a cracking goal for them (fatboys dad).

The next game is away to Coventry 72-73 season. Chelsea playing in red, and Bill Garners first goal for the club.

Next up Nov 1973 away to Man Utd bearded Baldwin after 2 minutes silenced Old Trafford with Osgood making it 0-2. Man Utd then get 2 in the last two minutes. Must have had 'fergie time' even back then. George Best is playing.

Then there is a cracking 3-3 draw with Stoke from 74-75. Osgood hatrick

August 23 1975 dark days. the new stand at the Bridge is two thirds empty in this 2nd div game against Carlisle. A new Chelsea captain emerges though who has been at Chelsea since age 10. Its 18 year old Ray Wilkins -with a full barnet- being interviewed in the studio with Brian Clough.

Thats as far as I've watched so far but its a must for any Chels fan......

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve I think this is the one http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/9159168/Chelsea-FC-Big-Match/Product.html

Then there is also another new DVD which i've just got called Chelsea Greatest FA Cup Goals which is worth looking at too.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/12103684/Chelsea-Greatest-FA-Cup-Goals/Product.html