Wenger Hits Back At Chelsea Terry

tribalfooball.com - December 21, 2007

spacer.gif

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has hit back at Chelsea captain John Terry over his claims that Emmanuel Eboue should have been sent off on Sunday.

Terry said of Eboue's tackle: "I felt he left his studs in there and it should have been a sending-off. I thought straight away I'd broken something."

But Wenger is adamant that Terry should already have been sent off himself following his wild lunge on Cesc Fabregas. Wenger said: "I don't think he (Eboue) wanted to 'do' John Terry. He has touched him and I am really sorry that John Terry is injured but I think Terry should have been off already for that tackle (on Fabregas)."

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wenger's always blindly defended his players anyway, wouldnt expect anything else from the whinging twat tbh. Wasnt Terry's best ever tackle but it werent a sending off. Besides, all lunges on Cesc should be exempt purely because he deserves everything he gets, surely?

all lunges on Cesc should be exempt purely because he deserves everything he gets, surely?

totally agreed the cunt deserves everything espicially the way he goes in for the ball, he always goin in with two feet studs up and look a thte tackle that he did to cole, thats was the best slap lol.. but yea wenger defends his players with nothin een whe they are in the wrong..

Er, all managers are biased towards their players, all good ones anyway. If you don't support your own players, you'll soon lose their respect.

There's a difference between supporting your players and blindly backing them despite evidence to the contrary being shoved at you from all angles of the media. The first one is commendable, the second one makes you look a twat.

He did get the ball and dont think theyre was anything he could do to stop himself sliding in Cesc and yeh lol Maka went flying but guess that was on purpose as well.

And Wenger will always defend his players because he 'didnt see it' blah blah

There's a difference between supporting your players and blindly backing them despite evidence to the contrary being shoved at you from all angles of the media. The first one is commendable, the second one makes you look a twat.

Most good managers are twats then.