Terry Astonished Me

Term-X

Alex Rodrigo Dias da Costa tells a story about John Terry. A story that dates back to the 77th minute of the second leg of the infamous Champions League semi-final against Barcelona last May.

To the moment, at Stamford Bridge, when Tom Henning Ovrebo showed a yellow card to the player better known simply as Alex for a crunching challenge on Lionel Messi.

It amounted to a devastating setback for Alex. Chelsea, as things stood, would be going to the final in Rome but not with him. The booking meant a suspension, and he knew it only too well.

So, it turns out, did Terry, and to the astonishment of the powerfully built Brazilian, the Chelsea captain rather mischievously tried to convince Ovrebo that he had got the wrong guy, that it was Terry, not Alex, who had caught Barca's brilliant winger. A case, he dared claim,of mistaken identity.

'We had gone in on Messi together and JT did his best to fool the referee into thinking that he should have received the yellow card,' says Alex. 'I couldn't believe it. I thought, "Wow, for me?" But the ref was having none of it, and the booking stood.'

209hfm9.jpg

http://www.dailymail...k.html?ITO=1490

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic