Just been woken by an Earthquake

Alee.

ISLAMABAD: Strong jolts of earthquake have been felt in parts of Punjab and NWFP.

Accordingto Geo News, strong jolts of earthquake have been felt in Islamabad,Rawalpindi, Mansehra, Peshawar, Khyber Agency and other adjacent areasat 01:53 AM.

According to Met office Islamabad, intensity of earthquake has been registered 6.5 on the Richter scale.

Nodamage has yet been reported, however tremors spread panic in thepublic and a large number of people have come out of their houses.

According to sources an aftershock measuring 6.0 on Richter scale has been forecasted within next hour.

Not only is there a security curfew in the city cause the Army is doing an offensive against Taliban, now this. Sucks.

There was a series of Earthquakes in 2005, had about 50 after-shocks. Hence, i cant sleep now :(

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only is there a security curfew in the city cause the Army is doing an offensive against Taliban, now this. Sucks.

There was a series of Earthquakes in 2005, had about 50 after-shocks. Hence, i cant sleep now :(

Hope you're okay.

Wow I remember the earthquake we had not long ago obviously it wasnt very strong but was still really weird to feel it.

Hope you're okay

Weird? More like scary as I went through it twice. Lived in an apartment so it's scarier if you're that high up, I think. First time happened several weeks ago and I was scared shitless. Second time happened just last week.

Thank God everyone's okay, but RIP to those who died in other cities.

Well it wasn't that strong so it wasn't that scary. I wouldn't insult anyone living over that way by saying our earthquake is anything compared to what they go through.

Edited by Kez

LOOOL. The Media is hilarious.

I live in Islamabad (the capital), Bro lives in Lahore (most commercial city) and have loads of relatives in Karachi (the most populated city).. None of us has ever seen a terrorist / bomb blast. The Media makes it seems like its everywhere, when the war is going on in the extreme north side of Pakistan, Small area, occupied by terrorists coming from the Afghani border. Pakistan Army's taking control of places one by one.

There are suicide bombs ofcourse, but they're no where near to what it seems like to loads of people. i talk to people online and they think of Pakistan being a country under war, when its not the true story..

LOOOL. The Media is hilarious.

I live in Islamabad (the capital), Bro lives in Lahore (most commercial city) and have loads of relatives in Karachi (the most populated city).. None of us has ever seen a terrorist / bomb blast. The Media makes it seems like its everywhere, when the war is going on in the extreme north side of Pakistan, Small area, occupied by terrorists coming from the Afghani border. Pakistan Army's taking control of places one by one.

There are suicide bombs ofcourse, but they're no where near to what it seems like to loads of people. i talk to people online and they think of Pakistan being a country under war, when its not the true story..

True about the media, but do you fear the country imploding considering your governement lacks power and is always under the shadow of your military and intelligence Agency, who still seem to breed terrorists on their homeland to wage a proxy war against neighboring countries.

Once again, your saying what these little conspiracy-theory Internet sites say. Sure, the government lacks power, but the country imploding? Thats a bit too much there. Lets not forget we've faced much worse oppression from our neighboring countries, came out of it successfully, this is something very similar, only this time, its from within Pakistan's borders, only a matter of time before we overcome it completely though.