Taiwo keeping options open

ZanSnake

Carlisle United's on-loan midfielder Tom Taiwo has not ruled out a permanent move to Brunton Park.

The 19-year-old is on loan from Premier League giants Chelsea until January and has impressed so far for the Cumbrians.

Theformer Leeds youngster remains well down the pecking order at StamfordBridge and has hinted he would be interested in joining the League Oneside permanently.

"I'm just trying to impress as many people as possible really and improve my reputation," he told skysports.com.

See what happens

"I'dlike to get as many games under my belt as possible and hopefully a fewgoals along the way and we'll see what happens from there.

"LeagueOne football isn't a step down really in my eyes because it is a newchallenge for me, with some tough games technically at this level andit can only help me develop as a player."

The youngster made ahandful of appearances for League Two outfit Port Vale last season andhe is enjoying another chance to impress at first-team level withCarlisle.

"It has been going really well so far this season forboth me and the club because we've been playing well and I've beengetting games under my belt, which was my aim when I joined on loan atthe start of the season," he concluded.

Source: SkySports

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could somone move this to the reserves and youth section so i can merge it with the Taiwo loan discussion thread....

It wouldn't suprise me to see Taiwo make a permenant move at the end of this season, i certainly don't think we will be seeing him play for Chelsea.

Could somone move this to the reserves and youth section so i can merge it with the Taiwo loan discussion thread....

It wouldn't suprise me to see Taiwo make a permenant move at the end of this season, i certainly don't think we will be seeing him play for Chelsea.

I have not seen much of him, when he signed their was a bit of a fight for him and woods. He was supposed to be this exciting young holding player. What was he like and were did he fail to catch the eye esk ?

I have not seen much of him, when he signed their was a bit of a fight for him and woods. He was supposed to be this exciting young holding player. What was he like and were did he fail to catch the eye esk ?

A couple of injuries hampered him, but he just hasn't really kicked on to the next level. Practically missed out the reserves altogether, only playing a couple of games.