Bad Luck?

EskWeston

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at least our defence are not suffering.....

remember the time when essein and ferreira are CB?

alex and ben haim form a much better partnership

when cech is gone we have culducini who did quite well

so although we had a lot of injury this season we are not that bad

I am askink myself a question, is it maybe that trainings are to intensive, sharp. Why do we have Terry, Drogba, Carvalho (even Lampard few weeks) injured? They played a lot of games in last 2 or 3 years and thinks like this happen. We have to accapt that at this amount of games that they play per season they will be injured for few weaks.

And somethink more...definetly winter break would help players, at least we can look forward to next season when our English players wont be at EURO :D

Edited by HeRo

I'd just like to set up a thread regarding the number of injuries we're currently suffering from at the moment. Drogba, Terry and Cech are all injured at the moment, all of which seem they might prove to be long-term (Cech is unconfirmed at the moment).

The thing with Terry and Carvalho in particular pisses me off; for example, when Terry gets an injury, and then he returns, then Carvalho gets an injury, and then just when Carvalho comes back to the side, Terry gets injured again. It's like since Gallas left us, Carvalho and Terry haven't been able to parter much with each other in defence, and somehow it's cost us important results. Like last season, when United somehow ran away with it because for most of the season we were without Terry because he had to have a serious operation on his back, and when Cech suffered that life threatening head trauma which caused him to sit out for a few months.

I really don't know! What is it about us that endures so many problems with injury-prone players. And why do teams such as Man United and Arsenal get away with it. Rooney was ruled out only for a month with his hamstring injury at the end of the season, while you have Drogba being ruled out for three. And then you have Cesc Fabregas for Arsenal, who's only ruled out for a couple of weeks with an injury, and is back just in time to play against us.

Also, the less availiable players there are for selection, the less competition for a chance to get into the starting eleven week in week out, and therefore there isn't much of a level that the players need to play at, so that they are in reasonably good form. In other words, the team isn't getting much best out of the players.

I would be hugely surprised and shocked if Avram Grant doesn't spend money in January, because as far as injuries and the African Nations Cup is concerned, we don't have much of a winning squad in all honesty. No Drogba, no Essien, no Terry, no Cech. Can we cope???

Rooney being ruled out for a month with a hamstring is slightly different to Drogba having an operation but yeah, its shit. ON the one hand, its about having good enough squad players to come in and cover but then again how goods any player who's been sat on the bench for god knows how long? and just how good a player is prepared to sign and sit on abench anyway?

Doesnt help when we try to play exactly the same way with Sheva that we do with Drogba, theyre two different players and play different games ffs. Since Sheva came to Chelsea when has ever had the sort of service he enjoyed at Milan? is it any bloody wonder he doesnt score?

Terry and Carvalho injury saga aint ideal granted, but Alex has done a good job imo. The foul on Cech didnt look too bad so i wouldnt expect him to be out long really.

And the mancs and gooners both getting away with injuries? you sure? How big a difference did RVP being out last season make to the gooners?

and the mancs dont really suffer quite as much because they usually have a minimum of ten strikers anyway.................I wonder if they only pay Saha part-time?

Edited by misschief