Cech Blames Himself For Arsenal Defeat

Steve

Cech Blames Himself For Arsenal Defeat Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech admitted that a moment of madness on his part effectively cost his side the game against Arsenal on Sunday...

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech is full of regret after misjudging a cross that allowed William Gallas to score the only goal of the game against his side for Arsenal.

He told the Daily Mail, "You have to analyse yourself and see why you made a mistake, what was the moment you could have done better.

"Of course you have to watch it, but in the end you have to turn the page and go on. I am disappointed because the game was decided by my mistake.

"There is no explanation or excuse. It was a simple as that. In the first half, they had no chances. They had nothing, only a bit of possession but that was it. We controlled every movement they tried to do. They had one corner, I made a mistake and they were 1-0 up.

"This is part of the game. You play in these big games with this passion. These are the best games to play in and you always want to do your best. I love this type of game, but will not remember this one as one of the best ones."

Cech's side are thus six points behind the leaders in third place.

Source: Goal.com (dodgy site :lol: )

last thing he should be doing will put himself down and he needs his confidence, dont forget about them 2 massive saves he made in extra time

Edited by STEV3O

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mistakes happen, SWP made an equally bad mistake with missing that sitter. Its impossible to slate the best goalkeeper in our history because of a moment of miss-judgment. Just a shame it happened when it did.

i think that is was pet's mistake that cost us the game but i can't reallly be mad at him - he's petr cech - the one time he makes a mistake (first in how long) is the one time we are punished for it -_-

but sadly his magical saves in the second half didn't make up for the one that counted

Thats the thing about keepers. If they make a mistake, usually it ends up in a goal.

Yes he made a gaff, but I wouldnt be hard on him. You could see his disappointment at the end of the game. He knows the score. He's a top keeper. If you were to analyse his saves throughout his time here you will probably get well into double figures the amount of points he has saved us in the past.

One game........I think he can be forgiven thumbsup.gif

Yeah you're right....Put him up for sale, sell the fucker -_-

Where did I say that? -_-

It was his fault for the goal, I cant remember Arsenal having a out an out chance other than that, the chances at the end were meaningless as we was pushing everyone forward for the equaliser.

Let the cunt blame himself, I wouldnt expect nothing less.

He gets the credit when he does well, and comes out and says when he's made an error. Fairplay to him.

You crack on though. :wub:

Yes he made a gaff, but I wouldnt be hard on him. You could see his disappointment at the end of the game. He knows the score. He's a top keeper. If you were to analyse his saves throughout his time here you will probably get well into double figures the amount of points he has saved us in the past.

that made me wanna hug him when i saw him at the end of the game

poor thing

on the transfer list in the morning ? :wub:

hheheheh -_-

Where did I say that? -_-

It was his fault for the goal, I cant remember Arsenal having a out an out chance other than that, the chances at the end were meaningless as we was pushing everyone forward for the equaliser.

Let the cunt blame himself, I wouldnt expect nothing less.

He gets the credit when he does well, and comes out and says when he's made an error. Fairplay to him.

You crack on though. -_-

Its called sarcasm :wub: