Ash Faces Fa Rap

Telegraph

Ashley Cole faces wait over V-sign fall-out

The Chelsea full-back, Ashley Cole could face FA action over a gesture he made towards to home fans after the final whistle on Sunday.

Cole, whose former club Arsenal, had defeated Chelsea 1-0, had been the target of relentless abuse from the home fans during the match.

ufnche117.jpg

Chelsea manager, Avram Grant, stood by his man, praising his performance in the defeat, despite being the victim, in Grant's eyes, of some bad tackles.

Grant said: "In the beginning of the game, they challenged him, made a lot of fouls on him but he is a big boy and was okay with it.

"This was not a problem. He played good. I think it gave him more motivation."

Before the game Arsene Wenger had asked the home fans to show their appreciation for the England full-back on his return to the club where he made 228 appearances over eight years and won two Premier League titles and three FA Cups.

Wenger said: "I hope there is no resentment to Ashley as he did well for the club and ideally he deserves to get some respect.

"You want fans to pay respect to players who have played for you. What is over, is over, and you have to take that into account.

"Some players come back here and get very good treatment here. It depends on the circumstances.

"People did not accept the way Ashley left but for me, it was a minor thing. He was educated here, he did well and we want him to get a fair reception."

Cole's reaction to the reception he actually received from the Arsenal fans looks likely to attract the attention of the FA, and he could face disciplinary reaction as a result.

Edited by Tri-Blue

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats stupid the way the fans treated him was not good but i spose hes a professional and he shouldnt do it but then agine the FA will give some stupid ban for him just because he plays for Chelsea

he was obviously gonna booed relentlessly but he was outstanding yesterday. If he gets banned for that its rediculous. Why fans can abuse and players have to ignore it is stupid. Anyway, whats a fine gonna do? Fuck all so fuck it. I doubt he'll get banned.

They should hit that wee cunt Fabregas with a fine after his wild lunge at Ash at the end of the game. You could see his intentions were to clatter him and do a bit of damage as his legs clamped round Ash as he fell.

Although the ref booked that twat anyway, nothing will come of it. I hope someone puts that arrogant wee cunt in his place sooner or later. Just his face coming on the TV makes me want to smash the fuck out of it with a hammer.

They should hit that wee cunt Fabregas with a fine after his wild lunge at Ash at the end of the game. You could see his intentions were to clatter him and do a bit of damage as his legs clamped round Ash as he fell.

Although the ref booked that twat anyway, nothing will come of it. I hope someone puts that arrogant wee cunt in his place sooner or later. Just his face coming on the TV makes me want to smash the fuck out of it with a hammer.

i could not agree more - he always looks to start something with anyone of the players

i thought they were all egging Obi to do something stupid and am glad he kept his cool

but as sed Fabregas wont get anything done against him

it was a awsome hit do you think he will get in trouble for that 2??

I think he got booked at the time, so I dont think it can be took any further unless the FA wsh to hit us with another fine for not controlling our players. :whistling:

He hardly touched him tbh. If anything Fabregas should be flogged for acting so pathetic. The whole game he was looking for a slap, and I'm glad Ash was the one who done it thumbsup.gif