Hiddink - Title chase over

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5224512,00.html

Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink admitted his side's title hopes had virtually ended after the Blues were held to a goalless draw by Everton at Stamford Bridge.

His side are now six points behind Manchester United, who beat Portsmouth 2-0 on Wednesday, having played a game more than the league leaders.

Hiddink believes the Red Devils are now out of sight and the Blues must now focus on their bid to win both the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup.

Asked if that was the end of their title hopes, he told Sky Sports: "Totally not but it's near the end, let's be honest and face the facts. They (Manchester United) had their win as expected.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We should give a few also rans and youth players a run against Wet Spam

I'd like to see a team of

Cech

Mancienne

Ivanovic (LB)

Terry

Alex

Mikel

Essien

Lampard

Quaresma

Stoch

Di Santo

With Drogba, Anelka, Ballack, Carvalho, A. Cole, Belletti and Hilário on the bench.

Might be a good thing. If we are in the FA Cup final and Champions League final come late may, we can rest players for the last game or 2 in the league as our Champions League spot is secure and our league season in affect is over. The UCL is the one thing these players are craving and now we will have extra focus on it which can only be good.

Our title chase was effectively over months ago. It was an extremely slim chance that we could have clawed it back and won the league anyway......

We have 2 cups up for grabs and we need to concentrate on those 2 and make sure we win them both.

Mancienne, Stoch and Di Santo should be given playing time now to see what they can do for us and give them a taste for next season. Especially Di Santo he needs to start a couple of games for us.

It would be great to see that happen, sadly i can't see it though. I think Hiddink will rest a few on the weekend but i can't see any of the young players getting a chance. <_<

Barca have a tough game agaisnt Valencia and still have La Liga to win so i doubt they will be resting any. So this is a good chance for us too rest key players.

Our title chase was effectively over months ago. It was an extremely slim chance that we could have clawed it back and won the league anyway......

We have 2 cups up for grabs and we need to concentrate on those 2 and make sure we win them both.

Agreed. We should look to blood some of the younger players in a bid for them to become regular first teamers next term.