Didier Drogba open to signing new contract

Steve

How long until his current one expires?

Give him a new contract and we can sell him for more money. If he doesn't play well for the rest of the season, that is.

That's just not the right way to think about it. Why pay him millions per year to play crap so we can sell him for almost nothing. Better to just let him go if we don't want him. Especially as Drogba is highly unlikely to agree to a 1 year contract that might make keeping him worthwhile.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just not the right way to think about it. Why pay him millions per year to play crap so we can sell him for almost nothing. Better to just let him go if we don't want him. Especially as Drogba is highly unlikely to agree to a 1 year contract that might make keeping him worthwhile.

Well, was thinking maybe we could get 5-7 million pound if we give him a new contract and he plays well. :P

• 3 weeks later...
He hits form once a season, Then he does nothing. He is a waste of space, Has abillty, but his attitude is very very bad. Let him go, He is getting old and we don't need him anymore.

I wonder if you still share the same sentiments. I highly doubt it!

Drogba: Listen to me - I want Chelsea stay

13.03.09 | tribalfootball.com

Didier Drogba insists he wants to stay at Chelsea.

The striker was the subject of intense transfer speculation during the January window and with his contract due to expire in the summer of 2010, more frenzied talk of his departure is expected in the summer.

But the striker, who has rekindled his striking prowess since Luiz Felipe Scolari's exit, is adamant he wants to remain part of the Chelsea set-up.

Scolari axed Drogba after his woeful display in the 3-0 defeat by Manchester United at Old Trafford in January. But since Hiddink's arrival, Drogba has been a revelation.

"The good thing is that I had the support of the players and people like Ray Wilkins were supporting me because I didn't deserved what happened later," Drogba told Chelsea TV.

"But after that it's choices, and it's manager's choices, so what can I say. I've said before I'm staying. It's not because I had my knee problems and what happened with the manager, I just really wanted to make it clear again that I'm here.

"Everything I have had since I've been here I can't forget, but the best is yet to come. I really want to do something that people will remember here with my mates. We did it before but we want to do it again and so we are working on it a lot."

Mungii: Listen to me Drobga needs to stay...that's it..we all knew that he can do things like he did in last mounth...he will continue the way Hiddink is playing is the one that Drogba needs!

Mungii: Listen to me Drobga needs to stay...that's it..we all knew that he can do things like he did in last mounth...he will continue the way Hiddink is playing is the one that Drogba needs!

Yea I thought the same things either. He should stay eventhough he had once said a bad things about Chelsea and blabla but still he is the best striker in the squad. Plus his goals has saved in many games and now he's trying to put the best effort and he's already got the support from the team mate.

• 3 years later...

He hits form once a season, Then he does nothing. He is a waste of space, Has abillty, but his attitude is very very bad. Let him go, He is getting old and we don't need him anymore.

Interesting...