Official: Luiz Felipe Scolari has been sacked

DavidEU

Luiz Felipe Scolari has been dismissed as manager of Chelsea Football Club today (Monday) with immediate effect.

The Chelsea board would like to place on record our gratitude for his time as manager.

Felipe has brought many positives to the club since he joined and we all feel a sense of sadness that our relationship has ended so soon.

Unfortunately the results and performances of the team appeared to be deteriorating at a key time in the season.

In order to maintain a challenge for the trophies we are still competing for we felt the only option was to make the change now.

The search for a new manager has already started and we hope to have someone in place as soon as possible.

While that continues Assistant Coach Ray Wilkins will take charge of the team on a temporary basis.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i have to say i am stunned! I certainly didn't think anything would happen till the summer, but you would have to look and say something wasn't right! If you believe that it isn't the players then the only answer i guess is to replace the manager.

We really need to get someone in long term now, we don't want to become like Madrid and sack a manager every year!

We're turning into fucking Real Madrid ffs, sacking a manager every 10 minutes. Its Scolari's first job in europe as a club manager, he needed time. Just another backwards step. Arsenal arent doing as well as normal and have they sacked Wenger. No.

f*** knows who we'll bring in, another Grant-esque yes man probably. Zola and Di Matteo would be alrite but they havent been managing long enough to be able to cope with being our manager. Hiddink and Mancini probably one of the favourites too. Making mugs of ourselves even more, might aswell just bring in Steve McClaren...

this is a surpise i thought like esk he would proberly last the season and go then but i think the problem is more than just the manager we have become more as a pre retirement cash grab club. we need stablilty and we need to start developing the youth team. how do we think wilkins will fair?

I cant say im disapointed but he should have been given more time. It was clear his tactics were not working and i cannot believe a manager of his experience couldn't realise that. They were fine at the beginning when everybody didn't know how we played. But now they are so easy to stop and it is clear they were not working.

I liked Scolari but maybe he is more suited to international management.

Good luck in the future Big Phil

Our ability to keep hold of managers at Chelsea is pretty embarrassing really. 36 games?? I guess its a panic reaction to our slide down the table and Roman doesnt want to risk not playing in Europe next season. Ray Wilkins in charge for the game against Watford though? Fuck me thats a risk if ever I saw one.

And as for Avram Grant being linked with a return so soon after he's been kicked out the door - words fail me!

Its quite obvious the board arent content to sit and watch the ship go down. To me he was given countless chances to rearrange things, and didnt take the blindest bit of notice.

What is paramount is someone is required to motivate the players, bollock them, and instil a sense of belief Mourinho style.

may be acking him now is a mistake but the fact is we are looking decidedly misd table and i suppose with us not looking good enough to qualify fr the chapions league next season and all the loss of cash that entails it was there only option.

To be a bit fair to the club, things really didn't look like turning around. And Scolari was never going to be a long term appointment. Hopefully this time we will make the RIGHT choice and appoint someone we are willing to give time and backing to and build this team up again because there is a big need for a shake up.

To be a bit fair to the club, things really didn't look like turning around. And Scolari was never going to be a long term appointment. Hopefully this time we will make the RIGHT choice and appoint someone we are willing to give time and backing to and build this team up again because there is a big need for a shake up.

Too right, its not just Scolari who should be on the way out. Not too bothered about Wilkins, all hes been doing is translating and a bit of PR. Cant blame him that much.

Short sighted people who were afraid to tell Emperor Roman that he was in the all together about Mourinho, or that Grant was a useless cunt should go. In short Yes men . We definitely do not want another Abramovich Yes man.

Too right, its not just Scolari who should be on the way out. Not too bothered about Wilkins, all hes been doing is translating and a bit of PR. Cant blame him that much.

Short sighted people who were afraid to tell Emperor Roman that he was in the all together about Mourinho, or that Grant was a useless cunt should go. In short Yes men . We definitely do not want another Abramovich Yes man.

I agree, there are a few people around the club who should probably also leave. We was in a great situation a few seasons ago and we have failed big time to build on that. We need to take a good long look at every level of this club and do what is best for the club.