EURO 2024

Tonight’s performance surely knock 10-15m euros off Antonio Silva’s price tag.

Unfortunate as clearly theres a good player with potential there but was poor all game. 

Tonight defo a big learning curve for him, be interesting to see how he responds if he plays next game. 

29 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

For example, the best version of the Belgium "golden generation" had Chadli, Witsel, and Fellaini in midfield. 😉

you are foregtting some players and Chadli was a winger mostly

Axel Witsel 
Leander Dendoncker 
Radja Nainggolan (had a run where he was a beast)
Mousa Dembélé   (loved him, a great CMF)
Marouane Fellaini  
Youri Tielemans  (young but did play some)
Dennis Praet 
Kevin De Bruyne   

14 minutes ago, Vesper said:

you are foregtting some players and Chadli was a winger mostly

Axel Witsel 
Leander Dendoncker 
Radja Nainggolan (had a run where he was a beast)
Mousa Dembélé   (loved him, a great CMF)
Marouane Fellaini  
Youri Tielemans  (young but did play some)
Dennis Praet 
Kevin De Bruyne   

Sure, but my point still stands. I never saw them as an elite team, much less now when their key players are past 30 (or retired). Even when they were at their peaks, they were a sub away from becoming mediocre.

The midfield I listed was the one playing against Brazil, which was the farthest they went int he WC. Reminder they were playing counter-attacking in a smart set of moves by Martinez, which exploited the lack of pace of that Brazilian backline. Courtois was also a monster in the match. Courtois IMO is a big part of their relative success.

Edited by robsblubot

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Sure, but my point still stands. I never saw them as an elite team, much less now when their key players are past 30 (or retired). Even when they were at their peaks, they were a sub away from becoming mediocre.

The midfield I listed was the one playing against Brazil, which was the farthest they went int he WC. Reminder they were playing counter-attacking in a smart set of moves by Martinez, which exploited the lack of pace of that Brazilian backline. Courtois was also a monster in the match. Courtois IMO is a big part of their relative success.

oh, I agree Martinez is super overrated