8. Enzo Fernandez

ZAPHOD2319

Any lawyers here? Does this have legs on court? Because apparently French federation wants to take it there. What if they defend with: we were celebrating diversity, we like them for their origin, it's factual song, we don't know why they are offended? 

8 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

If this was mudryk would you have the same opinion? Or chilwell? Gallagher? I no for a fact you wouldn't, you a massive Enzo fan that much is clear, but if you wouldn't accept this from the players above just because it's Enzo makes it no better.

I'm biased yes but I wouldn't agree with any of our players being terminated and losing an asset over this. Yes it's dumb what he did but we also have to take in context everything. You can't fucking tell me that whole bus was filled with low iq racists. 

4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

I'd say what, 70% of our first 11 are black? Not enzos smartest move.

He's an idiot, and seeing argentines on Gusto's IG racially abusing him for just unfollowing Enzo means that he can really fuck off if we get the right price for him.

1 minute ago, TheHulk said:

I'm biased yes but I wouldn't agree with any of our players being terminated and losing an asset over this. Yes it's dumb what he did but we also have to take in context everything. You can't fucking tell me that whole bus was filled with low iq racists. 

Maybe non of them are racists, but when you are on video singing a racist song you have no leg to stand on... He can say he was singing it because everyone else were, but what's his excuse for recording it.

1 minute ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

He's an idiot, and seeing argentines on Gusto's IG racially abusing him for just unfollowing Enzo means that he can really fuck off if we get the right price for him.

This feels like a big fuck you for not letting him go to the Olympics tbh.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Maybe non of them are racists, but when you are on video singing a racist song you have no leg to stand on... He can say he was singing it because everyone else were, but what's his excuse for recording it.

He wanted to stream team celebrating and lost his mind when to stop. Again bad and pretty dumb but shouldn't be cancelled for this.

The club has to manage this appropriately, or it will tear apart any chance of a cohesive squad and ruin our season before it's started. 

I'm not sure that there's a path where the black players feel justice has been served and Enzo is part of the preseason squad.

1 minute ago, JFKvsNixon said:

The club has to manage this appropriately, or it will tear apart any chance of a cohesive squad and ruin our season before it's started. 

I'm not sure that there's a path where the black players feel justice has been served and Enzo is part of the preseason squad.

Will he be part of the preseason anyways? The Copa America just ended. Is he even due back before August?

13 minutes ago, TheHulk said:

I'm biased yes but I wouldn't agree with any of our players being terminated and losing an asset over this. Yes it's dumb what he did but we also have to take in context everything. You can't fucking tell me that whole bus was filled with low iq racists

I have a friend teaching English in Argentina and base on what he have told me I am more incline to believe this than most

3 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Will he be part of the preseason anyways? The Copa America just ended. Is he even due back before August?

If he has anything about him, he will be at Cobham tomorrow with his head in his hands and tail between his legs begging for forgiveness.

Edited by YorkshireBlue

Knowing the argentinians very well, they're our neighbours, i wouldn't say the population is racist,  many of them are, like any country.

Their football environment  is another history. 

In the case of some of their players, fans and journalists, something happen that is very hard to explain to europeans. Many times they will say or do things that are obvioulsly racist to us, but they apparently are not aware of how serious things are. And is not like if the person is really racist on his/her normal life.  For example, when they talk about races and nationalities, they dont see it as a big deal. In general they will insult everybody, from germans to africans. Is not because some specific race. 

Edited by Arlen Correa

This isn't a situation that is going to simply blow over and nor should it.

Enzo is going to be the fall guy amongst this due to being the moron streaming it, but this actually goes way beyond him and is particularly a significant problem in parts of South America, and very much Argentina.

The culture is so different, and what the West in particular may find offensive/racist/homophobic, etc they simply don't. I don't think the large majority of them are naturally racist people, including Enzo and the Argentina football squad, but ultimately they are coming over to European football and as a result greater consideration needs to be taken into how their culture successfully adapts within our own.

I don't think this is necessarily the end for Enzo at Chelsea, but it comes down to him being prepared to learn a real hard lesson about his actions. The fact that he's released an apology is at least a starting point, but it is literally the start of him having to rebuild bridges and mend relationships. The French/African/black players at the club have every right to be angry right now and expect apologies, actions, sanctions put in place. 

The club actually have an opportunity here to come out of this situation quite well if they can deal with it appropriately.