Alex: Let me quit

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this kid. Has loads of potential to be a star.

Ibrahim Afellay (born April 2, 1986 in Utrecht) is a Dutch footballer of Moroccan descent playing for PSV Eindhoven in the Dutch Eredivisie. He has played for the Dutch national youth team and is now part of the senior Dutch national team. He usually plays as the centre attacking midfielder for PSV but can also play at the right or left side due to his creative qualities.

Brazilian defender Alex almost certain to leave Chelsea in January with Italian giants AC Milan and Juventus looking like two of the favourites to sign him. The defender has never been a first choice during his time at Stamford Bridge and although he has made regular appearances, they have only come as a result of either John Terry or Ricardo Carvalho being injured.

Alex said: "I know it's not the best time to go in January, in the middle of the season," Alex told The Sun. "But I have to think about other things, I have to think about my own interests."

He continued: I tried to leave before this season started but when Luiz Felipe Scolari arrived they did not want to let me go. Now that the transfer window will open again in January I will try again."

The Brazilian international went on: "I think this time it will happen. He has two great defenders in John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho. I have nothing against the guys who are playing, Chelsea have one of the best defences in the world."

Edited by Tri-Blue

We can afford to let him go if we are able to bring Mancienne back from Wolves. Terry, Carvalho, Ivanovic and Mancienne would be more than adequete.

If I'm not mistaken Mancienne's loan is only til the end of the year?