Branislav Ivanovic

.Cee

I don't know why people go on criticising Ivanovic, he isn't a rb and is not built as one . He's a cb with those strong muscules and can really read the game well. It is Mourinho not Ivanovic that should be criticised for our weak rb position

I don't know why people go on criticising Ivanovic, he isn't a rb and is not built as one . He's a cb with those strong muscules and can really read the game well. It is Mourinho not Ivanovic that should be criticised for our weak rb position

but he plays at RB alledgely

It's really fucking ironic that Mourinho places so much emphasis on the defensive side of things and yet somehow, turns a complete blind eye on Ivanovic's defensive performance at RB. He has made so many fucking mistakes in that position but still gets to play every week. Other players have been dropped for far less than that! It really is a FUCKING DISGRACE!!!

It's really fucking ironic that Mourinho places so much emphasis on the defensive side of things and yet somehow, turns a complete blind eye on Ivanovic's defensive performance at RB. He has made so many fucking mistakes in that position and he still gets to play every week. Other players have been dropped for far less than that! It really is a FUCKING DISGRACE!!!

I agree to that, but because Ivanovic is one of Jose's "generals", there's no way he would get dropped!

I feel this is going to be the season where we discover Ivanovic's weaknesses! He's a year old from last season, and he isn't getting any younger now. At 31, with a build like he has, yeah he's solid in games and last season, he scored some REALLY important goals, but defensively, against small, pacy, low-central gravity players, he's fucking hopeless, because he can't keep up with them!

Guys like Azpilicueta have no problem dealing with quick players because he's young, and he doesn't hold back in chasing them up and going in for a tackle! With Brano, he's half-way up the pitch trying to put in a cross, then when we lose the ball, he has all that way to get back, suddenly there are open spaces to the right where the opposition can operate freely!

I'm starting to think maybe selling Filipe Luis back to Atletico was more of a bad idea than I'm making out... because Azpi could have easily slotted into RB, making Ivanovic work harder for his place, and Luis would have made the LB spot his own. It would have been a chance for Filipe to get more games under his belt and show Jose the grit he gave playing for Atletico before he joined us.

If last summer's transfer market was clockwork, this summer is the complete opposite! No improvements made! (slightly gone off topic with this bottom line, but had to be said!)