Curbs: No Change Under Grant

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why the club doesn't bring in Stoch or Sinclair. At least give them a few run outs.
I couldn't agree more!!! I am bemused by the Sinclair thing, he is a first team squad memeber, done excellant when given a chance but never gets a look in. The only reason i can think of is there are too many too keep happy (Malouda, J.Cole, SWP, Kalou) although the only one who has had any real form has been Joe.Stoch would be well worth the gamble, was aparently going to get a go in the Carling Cup earlier in the year but something happened that meant he couldn't. I would give him a run out against QPR he has proved he can play against the big boys and run rings around them......

I couldn't agree more!!! I am bemused by the Sinclair thing, he is a first team squad memeber, done excellant when given a chance but never gets a look in. The only reason i can think of is there are too many too keep happy (Malouda, J.Cole, SWP, Kalou) although the only one who has had any real form has been Joe.Stoch would be well worth the gamble, was aparently going to get a go in the Carling Cup earlier in the year but something happened that meant he couldn't. I would give him a run out against QPR he has proved he can play against the big boys and run rings around them......
It's the way forward :P -*arsenal* and Hansens (in)famous "You dont win anything with youngsters" comments on ManU's early 90's squad -who subsequently went on to win titles and the Treble. Or at least a combination of experience and hungry for success teens/early twenty somethings.

It's the way forward :P -*arsenal* and Hansens (in)famous "You dont win anything with youngsters" comments on ManU's early 90's squad -who subsequently went on to win titles and the Treble. Or at least a combination of experience and hungry for success teens/early twenty somethings.
Yeah well the key like you say is a blend of youth and experience!! Also the youth have to be of the right calibre, but we have enough of them comming through now...

Now that grant is seeing them develop, if another manager was to come in next season, and go shopping in summer.. it could well delay sinclair's and stoch's integration into the first team squad by another year or so.. for sinclair's i mean more games..

Edited by bombayblue™

Now that grant is seeing them develop, if another manager was to come in next season, and go shopping in summer.. it could well delay sinclair's and stoch's integration into the first team squad by another year or so.. for sinclair's i mean more games..
It was dissapointing to see Sinclair shipped out on loan. He did very well in the games he played in. But a new manager needs to learn his players and see what they can do, i hope when he comes back off loan he is given a chance.

There is little to notice under Grant. The football, or moreso the mentality, is still the same. Yet I feel if we were under José, when 2-0 up I think he'd ask us to make the game safe rather than put it to bed, whilst the players now have the freedom to continue to attack.

There is little to notice under Grant. The football, or moreso the mentality, is still the same. Yet I feel if we were under José, when 2-0 up I think he'd ask us to make the game safe rather than put it to bed, whilst the players now have the freedom to continue to attack.
I agree with your assessment but that doesn't justify is constant ridiculous comments about our new look attacking football after every game, it's actually getting embarrassing.He is coasting on the coat tails of what Mourinho left and just steering the car in the right direction - the team is so well drilled if he doesn't meddle too much it just keeps going.Crushing Rosenborg, Hull, Leicester and a pathetic away Man City has apparently cemented his rep for attacking, swashbuckling football if you believe the hype.It will take performances against better quality opposition than that to convince me he is of sufficient quality to manage the club long term and justify Roman's faith in him. Edited by pluto

I agree with your assessment but that doesn't justify is constant ridiculous comments about our new look attacking football after every game, it's actually getting embarrassing.He is coasting on the coat tails of what Mourinho left and just steering the car in the right direction - the team is so well drilled if he doesn't meddle too much it just keeps going.Crushing Rosenborg, Hull, Leicester and a pathetic away Man City has apparently cemented his rep for attacking, swashbuckling football if you believe the hype.It will take performances against better quality opposition than that to convince me he is of sufficient quality to manage the club long term and justify Roman's faith in him.
Spot on again. We've got by ok so far and obviously got lucky with Arsenal dropping points so our position is slightly better than it was, but in all fairness we havent really played anyone likely to cause us problems yet. Still think his lack of tactical awareness will get found out, probably starting with a spanking at the weekend.........thats us off Arsenal not him off his missus btw.

Even if we lose on Sunday against the Goons, and lets face it a draw away at Arsenal, even with Jose in charge, infact even with God himself in charge would be a great result. We will still be right in contention having played ALL of the big 3 AWAY from home.......Forget Avram Grant, the fact that Chelsea FC is where it is in the league today and the results we have had in the last months is bloody fantastic..

Even if we lose on Sunday against the Goons, and lets face it a draw away at Arsenal, even with Jose in charge, infact even with God himself in charge would be a great result. We will still be right in contention having played ALL of the big 3 AWAY from home.......Forget Avram Grant, the fact that Chelsea FC is where it is in the league today and the results we have had in the last months is bloody fantastic..
I must be missing something then because despite the fact we've been getting the right results, I don't feel confident at all this season, even more so now with Drogba out. I certainly wouldn't say anything about our season has been fantastic. Like I said, in terms of points its looking slightly better but thats more down to Arsenal cocking up in the last couple of games than anything special on our part. We're grinding out results against some pretty poor sides so some might say that nothing's changed under Grant, but for me, there's just something missing this season.

I must be missing something then because despite the fact we've been getting the right results, I don't feel confident at all this season, even more so now with Drogba out. I certainly wouldn't say anything about our season has been fantastic. Like I said, in terms of points its looking slightly better but thats more down to Arsenal cocking up in the last couple of games than anything special on our part. We're grinding out results against some pretty poor sides so some might say that nothing's changed under Grant, but for me, there's just something missing this season.
Yes there is something missing - Jose.....There is not much more the team could be doing, there is not much more that any other manager could be doing right now, even Jose. We are winning our games, and fairly comfortably too, we are conceding far less that we was last season. Results wise we are picking up the same sort of results that we have done over the last 3/4 seasons.Like i have said, once Jose left everyone pretty much wrote off our season, so to be where we are now is something to feel very happy about. I am very happy that we are winning games and well in the title challenge..

Like i have said, once Jose left everyone pretty much wrote off our season, so to be where we are now is something to feel very happy about. I am very happy that we are winning games and well in the title challenge..
Hand on heart do you honestly think we're in with a shout this season?

Hand on heart do you honestly think we're in with a shout this season?
Of course, who knows what will happen in the comming months especially with the ACN comming up but we are well in with a shout. If we can pick up a couple of quality players, especially to cover Drogs in January then we can win it for sure. December is a very important month. The way i look at it is we are right up there with the big 3 who have not had to deal with what we have. Man you, Liverpool and Arsenal are playing probably at the best they can, we on the other hand still have some gears to work through... :blink:

Himake you right joe has been in good form , but so has swp , but sinclair did start a coulple & to me , needs more time , stoch i have not seen , why not , tie up the qpr game by half time , then let him loose with no pressure