Udinese 1 - 3 Chelsea (Pre-Season)

15 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Why did you name the 3 flops we’ve signed? That’s part of my point. Our rivals seem to always strike gold with strikers and forwards whereas we sign flop after flop after flop. In recent years Arse have had Auba who was prolific. Spuds have Kane and Son. United with Ronaldo. Liverpool with you know who. City with several players who score for fun.

But then there’s us who 2 years ago had our highest scorer as Jorginho with all pens and this past year a midfielder with a mighty  11? goals. All I’m saying is it’s incredible that we’ve never gotten lucky and struck gold on ANY of these forwards in recent years. You would think that by sheer brute force of buying so many we’d hit the jackpot at some point.

As I clearly stated, two of the three forwards were "prolific" before joining us & Morata had decent numbers too. Whether they flopped or not has nothing to do with us not signing players.

United have been without an actual top-quality CF for years, and using one of the best players of this generation to justify them striking gold is hilarious. To add to that, CR7 has all but left, so who's their quality CF you alluded to, Martial?

With regards to Arsenal, Aubameyang's goal return over the last two seasons was 14 in 43 league games. He started off well, but went downhill & Arsenal only had Lacazette to rely on. Now, going back to your original post, who's the quality CF in their ranks now, Jesus, whose goal return is 17 in 57 EPL games?

I don't think I need to say anything to debunk your "Big 6" statement.

Conte got rid of the gold we found. The lack of decent scouts is why we've failed to sign another Drogba, Costa or even an Anelka. If we sign a CF that is stylistically a good fit for how we play, chances are he'll thrive. 

Can we keep Gilmour with us this season? Like McEachran, I feel he thrives when playing among quality players.

I called it last year that his loan with Norwich could be a disaster, but back then people suggested Daniel Farke knew Tuchel and would handle Gilmour well. Farke fucked off and the loan became a waste.

6 hours ago, Clockwork said:

feels more of the same issues, 3rd place is probably the ceiling. 

i don’t understand the point of Alonso, why not try RLC or Gallagher at that position? We saw a lot of Alonso he is awful.

I am so bored of Tuchel, he is neither great at identifying players or finding creative solutions to the team.

He did try RLC in the wingback position... he played Odoii there too. He is actually the opposite to which you just stated... he puts players in positions that really don't suit them.... and thankfully, I think he realises it..because is a top manager. 

Edited by DDA

7 hours ago, DDA said:

He did try RLC in the wingback position... he played Odoii there too. He is actually the opposite to which you just stated... he puts players in positions that really don't suit them.... and thankfully, I think he realises it..because is a top manager. 

Not sure your post was a Tuchel endorsement or what. Lol

He is just boring to me, neither the risk taker or creative as Klopp and Pep. RLC offered much more in WB than anything Azpi has on the pitch, but he still plays Azpi. Another player that is not Chelsea quality is Sarr, yet we saw him more than we had to.

why are we playing with 3 CBs when there are not 3 of them that deserve to be on the pitch? A more logical manager would field Kovacic, Jorginho, and Kante at the same time because you know they are 3 of our best players. Btw I am not talking about this game, because this is a friendly. But I anticipate more 3 CB system, where we get to see a lot of Sarr, Chalobah, and Azpi.