Opinion: Joe Edwards will be a huge miss for Chelsea after 27-years at the club

James

Chelsea have this afternoon confirmed that coach Joe Edwards has joined Everton alongside Frank Lampard, and what a huge miss he will be to the club. Lampard has finally been confirmed by Everton after weeks of speculation and talks, and there was all sorts of talk of various Chelsea coaches potentially going to join him […]

View the full article

Yeah don’t see why he will be a ‘big miss’ in and around the first team as he's only been involved with the first team for about 2 and a half seasons since Frank promoted him. Clearly part of a hugely successful academy set up but again it was a huge collective effort and its not as if it were a one man job.

All in all, the likelihood of this situation just frees up space for Tuchel to take one more coach in that he’s worked with previously at either Mainz, Dortmund or Paris or, potentially, what about if he tries to tempt JT to take a position? So again, will he really be a big miss? Or is he really a ‘top class coach’ because in all likelihood I doubt Simon Phillips is any wiser than the rest of us regarding whether he is or isn’t …. 

15 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Why type of coach is he? Offensive or Defensive? If the former I doubt he will be that big of a miss considering our attack has been very individualistic for 15 of the past 20 years.....

No idea…. I mean I’d imagine he did something specific but what that was, who knows.

Edited by OneMoSalah

On 01/02/2022 at 14:47, OneMoSalah said:

All in all, the likelihood of this situation just frees up space for Tuchel to take one more coach in that he’s worked with previously at either Mainz, Dortmund or Paris or, potentially, what about if he tries to tempt JT to take a position?

The Athletic said the club aren't looking to replace Joe Edwards.

And JT? Nah and not to mention, he recently landed himself in hot water again over the NFTs.