Roma vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Err gutted :(

I was down the club watching it and was a boring night.. When i saw that player running for the third goal i said if they score im leaving.

& they did, so i didnt see Terry's goal or the red card.

Shit night for us we aint been performing away from home in the CL this season.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am still pissed off but i keep saying

TOP OF THE LEAGUE LEAGUE TOP OF OUR GROUP AND STILL IN BOTH FA AND LEAGUE CUP so we have not a game that means not alot, (I HOPE) i can see us winning at home and if we get a draw or win in france we will be ok for the champs league till the knock out stages!

and God i hope we dont get liverpool this year there luck is running wild at the moment!

watching the game now, the goals we conceded besides the second where stupid goals to concede but personally i think we had more of it in the game but we just failed to convert any opertunities into goals which was disapointing. It was good to see drogba come back at half time he seems very strong on the ball still which is good to see and i am happy to see him again in the blue.

We cannot really take anything away from roma really they played to win and with what they have been going through the last few weeks to put three past us is a good achievement for them.

Im not really angry about the loss i just hope we can bounce back strong and give blackburn a thumping this weeked.

................................ Overall, a frustrating night where we were not at our best, but we can take heart that we were beaten purely by passion tonight - the Roma team needed to perform and sometimes in football, the out-of-forum underdog goes and beats the superior team. ............................................................

They finished 2nd in the Serie A last season so they couldn't be as bad as people seem to think.

possibly one of the worst performances and i think the main reason is that we were too cocky

we were taking shots from outside the box that were like training ground routines and fell asleep at the back

anelka was utterly useless - i think the first shot he had at goal was in the 92nd minute and can't remember a time when the ball was passed to him where he didn't get dispossesed

deco and Lamps pretty much tried - malouda and joe were ineffective

as for the sending off - do Uefa find the refs who are bumbling idiots and give them all to us ????????? their players deserved to get booked for diving, asking for cards, touching the ref when taking to him, and blatant backchatting - deco didn't deserve to get the yellow card in the first time because Totti coulda hurt himself rolling on the floor

all in all a bad night for Chelsea who were taught a lesson about going into a game TOO CONFIDENT

but as usual we will learn from this

We weren't bad to be honest, we had some decent chances and on better day it should've ended as a draw, but the fact is we lost.

And Deco red... LOL... I have never seen a yellow card for playing a FK too early, especially funny is that it wasn't the first, but 2nd yellow.

Deco's red should be 100% appealed.

First half was good i think, we dominated the game but their goal really caught us terribly and going 1-0 down at half time was not justified. We had a few great efforts in the first half through Deco and Lamps but after they scored, their confidence grew and we realised 'hang on, we're in a game here'

After their 2nd goal (great goal out of the blue that we couldnt of done a lot about) we were beaten, they controlled it and were the better team. terrible 2nd half performance but we will bounce back and we will still qualify so all is not lost. The 1st goal changed the game.

I was out last night so I couldnt see the whole game. I watched the highlights on ITV and I was very suprised, to be honest I thought maybe they'd do us 1-0, but to be beaten like that... I mean ok the 2nd goal was fantastic but the other two were just so poor to conceed... Deco getting sent off too... Do me a favour!

Night to forget. I think we will come away learning a lesson rather than it pegging us back.

To be honest, I think the media are over-analysing. We've lost one game but we're still top of the group. Win in Bordeaux and we're through. Win in Bordeaux and if Cluj and Roma draw, we go through as top of the group. Win in Bordeaux and draw with Cluj we go through top of the group. Beat them both and people will forget about this game, hopefully :) Just a bad night, at the end of the day.

In a nutshell, we just have to hope we beat Bordeaux because if we don't, even a Cluj win against Roma puts us in a right mess come the final matchday.

If we lose, and Cluj win, the table will look like this....

1 Bordeaux 9pts

2 Chelsea 7pts

2 CFR Cluj 7pts

4 Roma 6pts

I CERTAINLY don't want to be seeing that table!!