Mineiro Signing Confirmed?

.Cee

"Mineiro is a player I need because I lost Essien for six months and only John Mikel Obi is there for us," said the Chelsea manager.

"He won't play this week, but maybe after 10 days he will play.

"He needs to play in the reserve team and needs some time, but that is good for me because he gives me some options.

"We would miss Deco, it would not be good news. But it's hard to say at the moment (how bad the injury is)."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4176346,00.html

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really have no clue who he is, never heard of him so i just hope hes solid enough. 33 years old.....well i spose theres no point buying someone much younger because when everyones fit, he wont get a look in lol.

think almost half our squad speaks portuguese now....

We've gotten him because Scolari knows about him. It's much the same as us getting Hilario in cause Mourinho knew about him.

I wonder what number he will wear. Scolari has described him as similar to Makelele in attitude and role, so maybe he'll just take the number 4 role. The deal is only for the season by the way.

i trust Scolari in is transfer-policy

he made a few, but very good signings..

about Mineiro, even tho he is way to old , he said :

"If the fans remember Makelele, Mineiro is the same"

(or something like that...)

so, he won´t play that much, but good to have someone on the bench "just in case"

BRAZILIAN ace Mineiro signed for Chelsea last week after being turned down by Arsenal.

The Gunners staged a match against Fulham at their London Colney training ground especially to have a look at midfielder Mineiro, 33, who had been released by Hertha Berlin.

But Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had seen enough by the interval and did not watch the second half.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/article34894.ece