Robinho Not Worth €40m - Kenyon

the wes

Yeah looking back i'm glad we didnt play over the odds for him.

But this is blatenly an excuse that Kenyon's made

Well...giving a reason isnt an excuse. He just mentioned that Chelsea werent ready to pay the amount Madrid were asking. That is it. And I appreciate it. Good job done for once.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets be honest here,i would have prefered SWP to stay & have a good core of english players.let city go on a spending spree & get all the press attention,whilst we just play our game & head towardswinning trophys on the quiet.ps how long will it be before the press & other clubs fans start to hate city & leave us alone?.

lets be honest here,i would have prefered SWP to stay & have a good core of english players.let city go on a spending spree & get all the press attention,whilst we just play our game & head towardswinning trophys on the quiet.ps how long will it be before the press & other clubs fans start to hate city & leave us alone?.

Really? I am glad to get SWP out of our squad. The time was right, he has had long enough and enough chances to prove he an cut it as the top level. It would have been perfect to get Robinho but now we havn't i am glad it will give hopefully Sinclair a chance to get more games.

Well we dont just have the money to just about afford him, we have absolute cack loads. I dont believe he is worth that much but if the owner has £23B, i dont think he'll go skint in the near future. 23 billion ..... 23 thousand million...come on lol. If he wants someone so much, seriously just bloody well get him. Hes here to make Chelsea the best in the world, to win the prem and ucl, he can do it if he really wants. Money really is no issue sometimes. It would seem wrong buying players for 30, 40, 50 million but why if you can?

The one possition we really needed to strengthen was the wing/attack and we simply completely blew it.

:thumbsup:

Well we dont just have the money to just about afford him, we have absolute cack loads. I dont believe he is worth that much but if the owner has £23B, i dont think he'll go skint in the near future. 23 billion ..... 23 thousand million...come on lol. If he wants someone so much, seriously just bloody well get him. Hes here to make Chelsea the best in the world, to win the prem and ucl, he can do it if he really wants. Money really is no issue sometimes. It would seem wrong buying players for 30, 40, 50 million but why if you can?

The one possition we really needed to strengthen was the wing/attack and we simply completely blew it.

Well this is what points out the difference between roman's intentions for Chelsea and a spoilt rich kid's fantsay football..

i think we not budging over not just robinho, but 2-3 transfers in the past, is a great example where, we are headed away from the Chelsea price tags we had a couple of seasons back..

Roman looks very serious about Chelsea becoming self sustaining and although beaking even by 2011 may be a far fetched idea, 2015 would be so much more realistical if we continue running this way..

Well Robinho clearly thought he was worth it seeing as he wants to make us 'regret' not paying it - not that he's pissed off he ended up at City of course, lol.

From Chelsea's point of view, fair play for not letting Real hold a gun to their heads over money but the lack of a plan B was pretty naive imo. Allowing so many players to leave and only bringing in Bosingwa and Deco will prove to be woefully inadequate as the season goes on. Realistically if you look at United last season, they had a good squad and a ridiculous goal difference - and even theyve added Berbatov to that. We just havent got enough really.