Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

well that is hardly a threat. we know he is not signing a new contract. Threatening him with wrecking his career and sitting him on the bench 1,5 years if he does not sign a new contract. That surely should do the trick. 

Prolly the club is right. take the 40m if and only if you get a buy back clause and other success-related add-ons. 

Yes, if I was CHO, I'd really accept a buy back clause from a club that's threatening me with "wreaking my career and sitting me on the bench for 1.5 years".

Bayern would never accept that. Or anyone else for that matter. Of course this is what you want, but you might as well just say 'no'. It makes zero sense for the buying club to invest so much money in a mostly-unproven youngster, only to know that if he's a success the previous club can just claim him back, unless the buy-back clause is well above the buying price.

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

We need to shut him down, fuck the 40m

peel 18 month off his career

If we don't we are going to get bullied by every youngster and predatory club like these German cunts

While I understand the sentiment I don't think that would be the best decision for the club.  I'd keep a cool head, keep him for the rest of the season and play him and then reassess things in the summer.  If we just put him on ice then we will lose him for nothing and we gain nothing.   If we play him and show his talents off there's a chance for us to change his mind and if not at least he's in the shop window and we might be able to attract some other clubs into the mix.  Add a few more clubs and perhaps we can get a bit more profit out of him because if he fulfills his potential then 35mil is not a good deal.  May as well see if we can change his mind or get more.

10 minutes ago, kc_blue said:

I'm not sure if you are really interested in finding out our thoughts on CHO and what he'd mean for you.  I and others earlier in the thread explained why Chelsea supporters feel the price you are offering isn't enough to justify the move and I later gave you my thoughts on if having him for the rest of the season would be worth it for Bayern.  Yet you seem to be more interested in fighting with posters and defending Bayern's honor and conduct then actually discussing CHO.

Apologies, was never my intention but then I'm being attacked.

Really and truly I see only 3 possible outcomes with CHO:

1) He does not transfer to Bayern.

2) He transfers this January.

3) He joins Bayern on a free in summer 2020 after wasting an important phase of his career on the bench or in the stands.

If I was CHO, only options 1 and 2 make sense.

If I was Bayern, I would not take any other option. Bayern would need to be mad to accept to get him in summer.

1 minute ago, kc_blue said:

While I understand the sentiment I don't think that would be the best decision for the club.  I'd keep a cool head, keep him for the rest of the season and play him and then reassess things in the summer.  If we just put him on ice then we will lose him for nothing and we gain nothing.   If we play him and show his talents off there's a chance for us to change his mind and if not at least he's in the shop window and we might be able to attract some other clubs into the mix.  Add a few more clubs and perhaps we can get a bit more profit out of him because if he fulfills his potential then 35mil is not a good deal.  May as well see if we can change his mind or get more.

one big problem with that is IF Bayern have perma turned his head, no club will buy him from us

he will not agree to new contract with club x y or zed

so they would be buying a 1 year player

I don't think 3 is really an option.  Bayern may want him now but they aren't just going to sit by and not add players on the wing for a season waiting on CHO.  Especially with Robben and Ribbery leaving after this season.  Think the only option for Bayern is a move this summer and I outlined earlier why I think that's the best value for them.

Just now, Vesper said:

one big problem with that is IF Bayern have perma turned his head, no club will buy him from us

Perhaps you should read into how Juventus got Vidal. He had a gentleman's agreement on the contract details, was about to sign and at the 11th hour Juventus snapped him up. A contract is valid only when it's signed. A signed contract at this time WOULD be illegal.

9 minutes ago, MUTU said:

Yes, if I was CHO, I'd really accept a buy back clause from a club that's threatening me with "wreaking my career and sitting me on the bench for 1.5 years".

Bayern would never accept that. Or anyone else for that matter. Of course this is what you want, but you might as well just say 'no'. It makes zero sense for the buying club to invest so much money in a mostly-unproven youngster, only to know that if he's a success the previous club can just claim him back, unless the buy-back clause is well above the buying price.

wel i am not the club you blockhead. 

this is an unofficial forum in case you have not noticed.

I don't think 3 is really an option.  Bayern may want him now but they aren't just going to sit by and not add players on the wing for a season waiting on CHO.  Especially with Robben and Ribbery leaving after this season.  Think the only option for Bayern is a move this summer and I outlined earlier why I think that's the best value for them.

Well news of today say that Bayern will try to get a 'top star' winger, along with Coman, Gnabry, Davies and possibly CHO... then we have some promising youngsters of our own coming through as well, notably Batista-Meier and Jeong.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

That's possible, but I still think it's worth the risk in the long run.  Besides the chance to get others involved in bidding for him, frankly we need him the rest of this season and if he helps us insure a top 4 finish it will be worth more then money we'd lose if we can't get anyone else to bid for him.

NO player is bigger than the club

he is being a pure cunt

I absolutely say shut him down

we are headed into super bad territory with this one

I see little to no point to having an academy IF

this CHO action causes same thing with whats left of our top prospects

watch Bayern or others come for Reece James, etc etc

soon we will be one giant Southampton at youth level

I dont think most realise the horrific impact this is probably going to have long term

CHO needs to be made an example of

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

wel i am not the club you blockhead. 

this is an unofficial forum in case you have not noticed.

Of course you aren't, otherwise you'd long have ceased to exist with your attitude and insults. Maybe I have problems reading but I thought you clearly was laying out a plan for how the club should act, and I simply gave you my view on how CHO would view your plan.

1 minute ago, MUTU said:

Well news of today say that Bayern will try to get a 'top star' winger, along with Coman, Gnabry, Davies and possibly CHO... then we have some promising youngsters of our own coming through as well, notably Batista-Meier and Jeong.

This is what I mean why I don't see option 3 as really an option.  At that point in time he'll have way more competition for a spot at Bayern then he would here.  The only time it makes sense for him is this summer with Ribbery and Robben gone and gamble that he can get ahead of Coman, Gnabry and Davies.

I'm thinking that this is the best choice.  No one is talking about stalling his career for 18 months or trying to ruin him.  We don't keep players who don't want to be here, but we also don't let players leave in the middle of the season when we are shorthanded (see Diego Costa 2 winters ago).  If he wants to leave, and doesn't want to sign a new contract, okay, we have to let him go in the summer.  If he wants to leave now, we need a replacement, and he'll have to wait.  Even Cesc has to wait, and he's already said his good-byes to his team mates.  

4 minutes ago, MUTU said:

Perhaps you should read into how Juventus got Vidal. He had a gentleman's agreement on the contract details, was about to sign and at the 11th hour Juventus snapped him up. A contract is valid only when it's signed. A signed contract at this time WOULD be illegal.

we do NOT care about your guilty conscience

go bark up another tree

you lot are a bunch of sir tap-a-lots

1 minute ago, MUTU said:

Of course you aren't, otherwise you'd long have ceased to exist with your attitude and insults. Maybe I have problems reading but I thought you clearly was laying out a plan for how the club should act, and I simply gave you my view on how CHO would view your plan.

First,you should learn how to conjugate.

This is what I mean why I don't see option 3 as really an option.  At that point in time he'll have way more competition for a spot at Bayern then he would here.  The only time it makes sense for him is this summer with Ribbery and Robben gone and gamble that he can get ahead of Coman, Gnabry and Davies.

That's why I said option 3 doesn't make sense for CHO. Option 3 realistically gets Bayern a backup player for free, nothing more nothing less. Options 1 and 2 are the ones that best help CHO fulfill his potential. Plus let's forget he's just 18... he needs to settle his future now, not in 6 months time or 1.5 years time.

5 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm thinking that this is the best choice.  No one is talking about stalling his career for 18 months or trying to ruin him.  We don't keep players who don't want to be here, but we also don't let players leave in the middle of the season when we are shorthanded (see Diego Costa 2 winters ago).  If he wants to leave, and doesn't want to sign a new contract, okay, we have to let him go in the summer.  If he wants to leave now, we need a replacement, and he'll have to wait.  Even Cesc has to wait, and he's already said his good-byes to his team mates.  

The only way I see a summer move working is that the contract, signed now, would stipulate minimum playing time requirements for CHO, which if not satisfies results in Chelsea having to pay up. You get him till the end of the season while CHO and Bayern can rest in the knowledge that Chelsea won't simply let him rot.