Shevchenko Returns To Milan

DavidEU

when he played, he tried and i admire that. he's had a bad run with injuries and form

my feeling is that it wasn't his fault or choice to be sold and bought by another club

however he coulda came here with a dont care attitude, sat back and not play - but he didn't

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Sheva. You're a decent player, but you were always lost here and I think the pressure of the ridiculous price tag was too much.

Yup, so true, plus the fact that he was such a great goal scorer at AC Milan might have also pressured him...poor guy...

Looked and played like he was under far to much pressure. He was expected to score as many in england as he did in italy and the 30m price tag made it even worse. His greatest game was at home to villa in the 4-4 but when he got injured in the very same game, he never got another chance. Still one of the greatest strikers i ever saw and he always tried 100%. I hope everything works out for him back in milan but tbh i think it wont. I think his carrer is coming to an end. He doesnt look 100% fit and i think his injuries have taken a toll on him. Hope i'm wrong tho. I'll be routing for Milan now a lot more with him. Be funny if he scored a few in the milan derby against that inter manager...

Sheva: 'I would like to thank Chelsea Football Club - the fans, staff, players and management - for all the support you gave me during my time at the club. 'I would also like to express my gratitude to Roman Abramovich for all his help and encouragement.

'It was unfortunate I suffered a number of injuries during my time here but I always gave my all, whatever the circumstances.

'I really have enjoyed playing in England and have made many friendships that will stay with me forever. I will always look back with fond memories of my time at this really great club. Thank you.'

chelseafc.com

Good luck Sheva. You're a decent player, but you were always lost here and I think the pressure of the ridiculous price tag was too much.

Yeah, spot on. I think he was under a lot of pressure because not only of his reputation and the transfer fee, but also because he was coming to a club that expected a lot of the player. In addition, I don't think this was a transfer sanctioned by Mourinho, I think that if there ever was a rift between Abramovich and Mourinho, it was due to Sheva - Mourinho has always said Mourinho was 'not [his] signing' and Sheva himself called the Big Boss '[his] friend,' and I think this caused a bit of friction and added to the pressure. All in all, I think Sheva was past his best when he bought him anyway, but may he have a fruitful career back in his rightful home nonetheless.

my all time fav player....when he signed it was like a dream come true for me....

it was sad that he never performed....every time he was getting used to the game, he got injured....

at least sheva leaves quietly....unlike whiners like drog.....