Only 1 more signing this summer

Peter Kenyon has this morning said that Robinho is the only player we are currently in talks with and if we sign him he will be the last signing that we make this summer because Scolari is very happy with the squad.

Do you agree with this, would signing Robinho complete our squad? In many ways i think yes he is right, if we can sign Robinho it would mean that either Wright-Phillips or Malouda would leave, probably Wright-Phillips. In an ideal world personally i would have replaced them both.

It remains to be seen how we are going to play this season, but i think adding Robinho would give us a squad strong enough to go on and challenge for all honours this season.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IF we sign Robinho, then I believe we have a complete squad. I think SWP will go, but that Malouda will be given a second season, as Ballack and Shevchenko were. Malouda is the classic case that we have seen with the two aforementioned players, but also with Drogba as well, that after failing to perform consistently in the first season, that the player is a failure. Florent Malouda was world class at Lyon and I believe he can still be an important player for us, even if he is used mainly as a sub.

IF we sign Robinho, then I believe we have a complete squad. I think SWP will go, but that Malouda will be given a second season, as Ballack and Shevchenko were. Malouda is the classic case that we have seen with the two aforementioned players, but also with Drogba as well, that after failing to perform consistently in the first season, that the player is a failure. Florent Malouda was world class at Lyon and I believe he can still be an important player for us, even if he is used mainly as a sub.

I agree that players often struggle in first seasons at a new club. My worry with Malouda is that he does not have the skills we really need in a winger for our system. But i think we are going to give him another chance so lets see what he can do, there are plenty of players who have lacked form who need to show what they can do this season.

I would be happy going into the new season with the squad taken to China, Minus Wright-Phillips and plus Robinho and Drogba. There will be lot of things that Scolari will asses during the pre season games though and things might still change.

Real-managers said that they wouldn´t let Roubinho go, only if they would sign Ronaldo.

Well, Ronaldo has stay at Old Trafford, so the Roubinho-deal would work out in 2009,when Ronaldo leaves manure.

short-message : no roubinho,blame it on manure !

Real-managers said that they wouldn´t let Roubinho go, only if they would sign Ronaldo.

Well, Ronaldo has stay at Old Trafford, so the Roubinho-deal would work out in 2009,when Ronaldo leaves manure.

short-message : no roubinho,blame it on manure !

The stories that Madrid would only let Robinho go if they sign Ronaldo are at the moment just paper talk. The Robinho deal is clearly not dead otherwise Kenyon would not be talking about it still this morning....

scolari´s tactics are really based on strong wingers so i am sure there is one more to come

but not this year....

Yes you are correct, Scolari's tactics ARE usually based on strong wingers. Which is why there is the interest in Robinho from us. And also why should the Robinho deal not happen we will have someone else in mind - it is clear now that Scolari has (wisely) decided that a new winger is a must...

yes that is right.

the question is if we want another "tank" like Cole is, or if we take a talent (don´t understand it wrong, Cole is a great talent....) that is not that experienced in "strong physically" football like the PL.

but if we do second i think it wouldn´t be that bad...just look on Robben how he developed in the PL. same than goes for Robinho

The fact is, Robinho is not the best possible signing. Yes, he is very skillful and has insane amounts of pace, but he is only small and will easily be knocked off the ball. The guy is even smaller than Robben.

Maybe. But thankfully he is not made of glass like Robben :D