Official: Drogba misses China trip

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you look at the list of players left behind it does read like a "Who's off" list. However Drogba's knee injury has been very well documented and it very likely that is the reason he has been left behind. Unfortunately we are not any nearer knowing if he will stay or not.

not too sure really - i mean he could be recovering but i'm a little surprised at the fact that he's not travelling up for the Olympics at least - i mean if Salou will be meeting up with teh Ivorian team then surely the captain of the national squad should as well

not too sure really - i mean he could be recovering but i'm a little surprised at the fact that he's not travelling up for the Olympics at least - i mean if Salou will be meeting up with teh Ivorian team then surely the captain of the national squad should as well

Not if he is not fit to play he won't. Scolari claims that it will be 4 weeks before Drogba will be ready to play again.

This will no doubt fuel speculation, but I believe that this may actually be an injury. However, as Esk says, the fact Didier has an injured knee and has done for some time makes me believe this is genuine cause for concern.

Luiz Felipe Scolari has rubbished rumours Didier Drogba could be leaving Chelsea after he was left out of the club's tour of Asia.

Drogba was missing from the squad that flew to China on Sunday, fuelling rumours of a possible move away from Stamford Bridge.

"Didier's future with Chelsea is normal because he has a contract with us," said Scolari. "I hope when we come back he'll be in good condition."

SSN

The thing with Scolari's quotes on Drogba so far is that he has fallen short everytime of confirming that Drogba will be staying, which may indicate as his agent insinuated last week that he may have not quite made his mind up yet.