Maka Leaves For PSG

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's worked his arse off for years at Chelsea with a lot less credit than he's deserved while the big time Charlie's are all over the back pages week in week out. Any other players out there good enough to have a role named after them? Enough said. Maka's what you can really call a loyal servant to Chelsea and if he leaves, he'll do it with as much dignity and respect as he's always given to the club.

He's worked his arse off for years at Chelsea with a lot less credit than he's deserved while the big time Charlie's are all over the back pages week in week out. Any other players out there good enough to have a role named after them? Enough said. Maka's what you can really call a loyal servant to Chelsea and if he leaves, he'll do it with as much dignity and respect as he's always given to the club.

that was well said

This is the best post i have seen on any forum quality.

This is the best post i have seen on any forum quality.

lol nice thought Paul :P

but i agree he's been awesome and you have to be special when they name the position after you - i mean who doesn't know what the Makelele role is ?

top 3 maka moments :

- taking the shot against Arsenal that lead to lamps goal

- scoring against Charlton

- scoring against the Spuds

:D

Nothing official out... CFCNET have written a decent little memoir of him (although did they really need to mention how John Terry getting sent off unfairly by the ref led to our defeat at White Hart Lane), but there's no actual indication of where they've gotten this information.

The roumers about Maka have been around a while now, but there has been nothing official. It would not suprise me to see Maka go this summer and he would go with everyones best wishes too.

Actually i havn't noticed Maka in training, or Malouda for that matter but Anelka is back in training.

Edited by EskWeston

Chelsea star Claude Makelele is still being linked to Paris Saint Germain but chairman Charles Villeneuve has refused to confirm that negotiations are taking place.

The capital club, who have appointed a former TV presenter as their new supremo, are looking to restore past glories and their recruitment policy is based on former France internationals.

Lilian Thuram’s move as a free agent collapsed for medical reasons, and the capital club’s next targets are believed to be Chelsea’s Makelele and Roma’s Ludovic Giuly.

Head coach Paul Le Guen declared in June that the Blues midfielder was in contact with the club, but Villeneuve has refused to confirm the news.

“I read many things about this, and most of them are far away from the reality,” he said during a press conference at Parc des Princes.

“We continue to negotiate, but I didn’t tell you I was negotiating with Makelele and Giuly.”

setanta

This has been all over the web Stateside today. Maka is THE unsung hero of the game IMO. Granted he's getting on in years, but he is a great leader and on field presence. He will be missed. Essien and Mikel will have their hands full, but the position will be filled by capable players. He is a class act and will be missed!

Still nothing official, but it seems his heart is set on going to Paris SG. Best of luck to him, he's been a faithful asset to the club and he's always a bundle of energy. Will always be remembered as an unsung hero and in my opinion, he was possibly the biggest factor of us winning the back to back league titles. CFC legend.